Windlight settings and to shoot mesh objects ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello the community !

I use to shoot the mesh objects I create in a green box. I just shoot them with their AO maps and then remove the green backgroud under Gimp.

My question is : which windlight settings are the best ?

As of today I use the Midday for the sky and default for the water level (while maybe there is no incidence for the last one) ; but perhaps some are better.

Looking forward to reading you,

Pierre

[Edit] As Chic pointed out, I'm using the Firestorm viewer

Edited by Pierre Ceriano

I am guessing you are using the official Linden viewer which has very few choices.  If so and you don't want to change viewers, you can get and install a pack of Windlight settings (now in most 3rd Party viewers and likely many in Opensim  as it is a very popular page) here:    https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2009/09/windlight-settings.html

Scroll down the page for the links to both singles and a pack.   BETTER YET, watch the videos and learn how to make your own or adjust the ones that you find. 

If you are using a third party viewer then you have lots and lots to scroll through. Find one to your liking. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

If you are using a third party viewer then you have lots and lots to scroll through. Find one to your liking. 

While on this subject, does anyone know how to remove windlights from the list in Firestorm?

There are way too many in there and large chunks I know I'm not nor never will be interested in.

Apologies to Pierre for butting-in 🚺

Fullbright will only make the greenbox go flat and it will not illuminate surroundings -  that is perfect for the greenbox . If you however set sun position to midnight and place some point light sources you will have much more influence over shadows on your mesh object by moving around those lights.

7 hours ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

While on this subject, does anyone know how to remove windlights from the list in Firestorm?

There are way too many in there and large chunks I know I'm not nor never will be interested in.

Apologies to Pierre for butting-in 🚺

I used to go in and delete them from the folder using Windows Explorer.   Not sure if this still works but imagine it does. Now my personal ones are all together in the list so it isn't such a big deal.   I just ignore them and use the Quick preference bar to move forward and back between my homemade ones. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.