new starter avis,yay!

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

It bothers me somewhat that all the avatars are just regular humans. SL has so much more room for creativity, and a huge part of the population don't even use human avatars. Why not have a robot, a furry, a flying toaster...?

Edit: Like, the man carrying the dog is cute, but if it was the dog carrying the man it'd be a thousand times more memorable.

Here's some for you to choose from.  Many are quite cute and not high CI either.  (the Vehitar ones are vehicle avatars)

image.png.f37a8083c9d3bba996365c7f71aeca44.png

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 6:21 AM, Marianne Little said:

Is it just me, just the Firestorm viewer or a glitch?

I cannot wear anything from the last 3 gens of avatars, I remember when the ones with the horses came out I was excited to try just the horses, but no dice, nothing I tried worked.

At the time I just figured those avatars and their accessories were blocked to new users only, I figured that was LL doing since they wouldn't wanna be offering a free ride-able horse (also the wings and other props) and directly competing with some offers on the market.
Now I'm wondering If it might just be some bug on my installation or something...

More on topic I do like these avatars even if some people will complain they make SL look like The Sims.

The truth is most objects for sale on SL, and more importantly free gifts, are made for humanoid avatars, having something like the werewolf (or the other full mesh avatars) is only a hinder to new users. You literally have to tell them to take it all off and start building an avatar from the ground up and as someone that has helped dozens of people get a foothold on SL that is something that will literally make people quit in frustration.

One thing I wish LL would do is make the clothes on these avatars more modular, I'm willing to bet for example the 70's rocker dude has the jeans and shirt as one object, possibly the shoes too.
While I'm wondering I'm also curious, are the skins on these 1024x1024 in preparation for bakes on mesh or are they still using the old 512x512 on the default avatars?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dean Haystack said:

I cannot wear anything from the last 3 gens of avatars, I remember when the ones with the horses came out I was excited to try just the horses, but no dice, nothing I tried worked.

At the time I just figured those avatars and their accessories were blocked to new users only, I figured that was LL doing since they wouldn't wanna be offering a free ride-able horse (also the wings and other props) and directly competing with some offers on the market.
Now I'm wondering If it might just be some bug on my installation or something...

No it's just borked up... you can access them by picking one form Avatar>Choose an avatar that way they get copied to a subdirectory in your "clothing" system folder.

• Like 1

I'd like to see updated versions if older starter avatars,like vampire avatar jade,male and female goth avatar,male/female student avatars,I remember some years ago on the sign up page there was circle of avatars,I liked the view,hehe,even if older avatars don't had AO

image01.jpg

Edited by Windywinters

These are pretty good but they are still super-tall. Shh, don't tell Penny Patton. Fortunately the shapes are mod so that (and the huge hands) are easy to fix.

Skins are meh; the faces are good but the rest of the body looks like someone forgot to finish them. Clothes and hair are pretty decent, but there's no redheads this time.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 11:59 AM, Matty Luminos said:

These are pretty good but they are still super-tall. Shh, don't tell Penny Patton. Fortunately the shapes are mod so that (and the huge hands) are easy to fix.

Skins are meh; the faces are good but the rest of the body looks like someone forgot to finish them. Clothes and hair are pretty decent, but there's no redheads this time.

I don't think newbies will walk around naked with these starters.but yes , last sets of starter avatars bodies looks awkward))  

8 hours ago, Windywinters said:

I don't think newbies will walk around naked with these starters.but yes , last sets of starter avatars bodies looks awkward))  

Newbies walk about naked with the previous sets of starter avs, so yeah, they will with this set also - at least the ones that just go straight to the sex locations

• Like 2

On 2/10/2019 at 7:48 AM, Windywinters said:

Lots of newbies make "walking around naked" the very first thing they do.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, FailedScience said:

Why anyone over 24hrs of age in secondlife cares is so far beyond me

I don't spend money outfitting most of my alts.  They don't have their own SLife, but exist for my land group only.  Thus I like it when LL gives us a new set of starter avs.

• 1 month later...

What I don't understand is the lack of diversity in these avi..most of them are What I don't understand is the lack of diversity in these avi..most of them are Caucasian  with a few crazy looking brown ones thrown in there and hardly any other races represented..there are more fantasy avi there than human diversity..this is 2019,right?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.