Looking for a management school or teacher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, MLALRS7044 said:

Hi, I'm looking for a school or a teacher that can teach how to manage places such as nightclubs, music venues, and Etc.

there isn't a lot to manage for the venue's you look for.
The only abillity you need to have is make 2 or 3 schedules

one for the events
one for the employees
one to see the place drain your financial resources

Depending on what you really want, for example, host yourself you need a nice outgoing personalitly... or good employees.

Of couse you have to be able to get land to put your venue on and the building/decor and basic knowledge about streaming and clubequipment, but the last you can often see at other places.

It's not very difficult to manage a club on paper. The most challenging part is dealing with the 'human element' of your staff - sometimes a DJ or host may not appear on time, and fail to notice you, sometimes DJ A doesn't want to work with host E because they went pixel bumping and lost the ability to be in the same room. 

I'd create a Discord server for the staff for off-grid communication and use Google documents for scheduling - both are free.

But then there's the financial side. Don't expect to regularly generate enough revenue to pay the bill at the start - in fact, getting there may take a very long time and a lot of work. If it were me, I'd get a 1/8th parcel on the mainland and build a nice skybox to cut costs both on rent and on space that needs to be furnished. Depending on what style of venue you want to run though, the grid is pretty saturated with them - if you want just yet another bog standard rock 'n roll Americana club, you'll have a lot of competitors. If you want to create yet another jazz or blues venue, you'll have a lot of competitors. Obviously, make sure to have your business plan and venue mission complete before you run off looking for a parcel to rent.

Other than that it's basic mathematics. Income minus expense equals profit or loss.

9 hours ago, Orwar said:

It's not very difficult to manage a club on paper. The most challenging part is dealing with the 'human element' of your staff - sometimes a DJ or host may not appear on time, and fail to notice you, sometimes DJ A doesn't want to work with host E because they went pixel bumping and lost the ability to be in the same room. 

I'd create a Discord server for the staff for off-grid communication and use Google documents for scheduling - both are free.

But then there's the financial side. Don't expect to regularly generate enough revenue to pay the bill at the start - in fact, getting there may take a very long time and a lot of work. If it were me, I'd get a 1/8th parcel on the mainland and build a nice skybox to cut costs both on rent and on space that needs to be furnished. Depending on what style of venue you want to run though, the grid is pretty saturated with them - if you want just yet another bog standard rock 'n roll Americana club, you'll have a lot of competitors. If you want to create yet another jazz or blues venue, you'll have a lot of competitors. Obviously, make sure to have your business plan and venue mission complete before you run off looking for a parcel to rent.

Other than that it's basic mathematics. Income minus expense equals profit or loss.

Ah Thank you Orwar 

10 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

there isn't a lot to manage for the venue's you look for.
The only abillity you need to have is make 2 or 3 schedules

one for the events
one for the employees
one to see the place drain your financial resources

Depending on what you really want, for example, host yourself you need a nice outgoing personalitly... or good employees.

Of couse you have to be able to get land to put your venue on and the building/decor and basic knowledge about streaming and clubequipment, but the last you can often see at other places.

Thanks for that explanation Ethan.

If I remember correctly, Helping Haven runs a class on DJing. That could be a place to start. Even if you're not DJing yourself, it would probably be good to understand what your DJs will need. Also, it might be worth asking the teacher for suggestions on who to ask for advice on running a venue.

If you have specific questions about running a venue, you might be able to get a range of answers here, including some with experience. Broader thread topics tend to be less successful in that however.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.