Hi everyone!

Total noob here!!! I am trying to make a recipe board, which shows people different recipes (textures) depending on their choice in the menu.

46905519271_4c921648fb.jpg

Now of cause there are more recipes released all the time, so I need to be able to add "unlimited" textures. That also means that I need to be able to change the main text (describing the buttons) on each page. The way my script is set up now, I run out of characters when adding new recipe names.

The best way I learn is by having comments added to changes made in the script. At this point I am still figuring out how things work together and learning operators. So if I could ask questions after reviewing changes, that would be very helpful as well. 

https://pastebin.com/FPCeaZxg

So if you are interested in helping a total noob, I would really appreciate it. I can pay a little ;)

Edited by Ziyal Ochs

I'm a little puzzled.  It looks like the OP already has a multi-page menu system with numbered buttons, so I don't see any problem with fitting names on buttons or running out of pages to put new menu selections on.  What more is missing?  Are the menu names too long for the description field?  Make them shorter.

I'm just speculating here, Rolig, but maybe the OP's script has the drinks choices hard coded,  and the OP wants to know how to add them on the fly by adding updated recipe notecards.

Ah, that's possible.  Good point. If so, he needs to lead off with a configuration notecard that is cued up in the state_entry event, read in the dataserver event, and used to create the button menu.  The basic example in the LSL wiki's entry for llGetNotecardLine spells out how that's done.

• Like 1

Which, of course, is what happens in your library script towards which I pointed the OP.

@Ziyal Ochs Since you say you're a complete newcomer to scripting, you may well need help adapting Rolig's library example for your purposes.   If that's the case, please don't hesitate to ask here.

• Like 1