Derekmate

Paying with gift card

I don'T know if this exist or not as I never owned land or highly unlikely that I ever will. 

But is there a system where you can pay with a gift card and if not why not (also if not it is my intellectual property from now on).

- You cold gift rent for somebody. 

- Would make it easy to have a rent period as a raffle or contest prize. 

- Possible to sell it on the market place. And having it on the public wish list. 

And most of the script already exist as a vendor script just need to adjust a bit.  

I do accept money for my idea or gift cards. 

i think this might be prohibited as item because it's a financial product. And banking activities are not allowed in SL.

The gift cards that are in use by stores are slightly different, those deliver a storecredit, that's not the same as a giftcard as stand alone item.
You would need to make a product that would be used by many others while you bank for them.

Edited by Ethan Paslong

7 minutes ago, Christhiana said:

The CasperLet system has rental vendors which accept gift cards....

Well there is nothing new under the sun. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

i think this might be prohibited as item because it's a financial product. And banking activities are not allowed in SL.

The gift cards that are in use by stores are slightly different, those deliver a storecredit, that's not the same as a giftcard as stand alone item.
You would need to make a product that would be used by many others while you bank for them.

You know that you don't need to answer every question? Specially those what you don't understand. 

• Like 1

Just now, Derekmate said:

Well there is nothing new under the sun. 

Thank you. 

Well, at least it confirms you had a good idea :)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Derekmate said:

I don'T know if this exist or not as I never owned land or highly unlikely that I ever will. 

But is there a system where you can pay with a gift card and if not why not (also if not it is my intellectual property from now on).

- You cold gift rent for somebody. 

- Would make it easy to have a rent period as a raffle or contest prize. 

- Possible to sell it on the market place. And having it on the public wish list. 

And most of the script already exist as a vendor script just need to adjust a bit.  

I do accept money for my idea or gift cards. 

I used to have a trental system on my old sim that allowed others to pay rent for someone, so alts, store managers etc could make sure paid. Along the same kindness of others concept, but it was a good idea, would be nice in form of tier not rent, so people could pay into tier etc.

18 minutes ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

I used to have a trental system on my old sim that allowed others to pay rent for someone, so alts, store managers etc could make sure paid. Along the same kindness of others concept, but it was a good idea, would be nice in form of tier not rent, so people could pay into tier etc.

Kitty sits on "donate tier" button in groups so Sasy cannot see it anymore.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Derekmate said:

Specially those what you don't understand. 

exactly my thought

1 hour ago, Ethan Paslong said:

Not if you approach it as any other gift card. A landlord could sell the giftcards in their store/marketplace so residents can buy the giftcard for someone who rents from that lanlord.

It would then be the same as any other giftcard/storecredit. No banking involved.

38 minutes ago, Christhiana said:

Not if you approach it as any other gift card. A landlord could sell the giftcards in their store/marketplace so residents can buy the giftcard for someone who rents from that lanlord.

It would then be the same as any other giftcard/storecredit. No banking involved.

true, but as his 3rd line said, he wants to make it a MP item, and  to be accepted as general card for mutliple rentals it can't be given out by the appointed accepter, but a third party. In that case it would be a full financial product with a own administration, and as so not allowed. Thats what he didn't take in mind, or made his statement too general without important detail.

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Kitty sits on "donate tier" button in groups so Sasy cannot see it anymore.

Lol I know it is there 😁 I was thinking bigger one off situations, someone wanting to donate tier for  a fundraiser or charity event, and know LL is getting it, or a few friends chip in for a present etc, something you dont have to join a group for or be a premium member.