Why am I doing somersaults when I walk?

WillowWisper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

On a few occasions out of the blue my avatar will start doing somersaults when I am trying to walk and forces me to squat sit while I am standing. It used to happen sometimes after I hopped off of my WK horse, but now it just happens at random. It usually happens when I teleport to another sim. After awhile it will work itself out and sometimes it will fix if I teleport out and back in...but never does it help by relogging. It also does not matter which AO I am wearing as I have tried changing my AO as well and have tried taking it off. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

4 answers to this question

Do you have crouch toggle mode enabled?

Firestorm: Preferences -> Move & View -> Movement -> Enable crouch toggle mode -> Untick this.
LL viewer: Doesn't seem to have an option for couch toggle mode as far as I can see.

When crouch toggle mode is enabled, pressing the PAGE DOWN key once will lock you into crouch mode until the PAGE DOWN key is pressed again.
It's common for AOs to have somersaults as a crouch walk.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Do you have crouch toggle mode enabled?

Firestorm: Preferences -> Move & View -> Movement -> Enable crouch toggle mode -> Untick this.
LL viewer: Doesn't seem to have an option for couch toggle mode as far as I can see.

When crouch toggle mode is enabled, pressing the PAGE DOWN key once will lock you into crouch mode until the PAGE DOWN key is pressed again.
It's common for AOs to have somersaults as a crouch walk.

Wouldn't relogging reset that though? She said relogging doesn't help at all which leads me to think it may be a HUD she is wearing.

• Like 1

Maybe your virtual self is just happy?

Anyway, you can right-click yourself, go to Appearance -> Reset -> Skel. & Anim. If that doesn't work, Avatar -> Avatar Health -> Stop Avatar Animations & Revoke Permissions. If you're still doing somersaults, double-check your attachments.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.