Crashing everytime I log in?

yaplamf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

Firstly test whether or not you have the same problem with viewer 2.6.2, you can download that from http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Supported_Viewers  If that one works ok, change the mode from Basic to Advanced on the login screen and then go to Me > Preferences > Setup and switch off the automatic updates.

Several people are having login problems on the latest viewer when there is nothing wrong with their computer setup or connection, so if you are ok on 2.6.2. the same would apply to you.

If that version does not work either, post your computer specs back here, including details of your graphics card and router. You can post again using "comments".

It's still doing the exact same after all that. I've 2gb ram and and Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT. I can run lots of other games like World of Warcraft and stuff without any problem.

When you uninstalled, did you manually remove the SecondLife folders in AppData. Depending on your OS, you may have folders in Roaming and also Local.

If you can't see AppData, you need to enable viewing of hidden files and folders as shown here for all Windows OS:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial​62.html

I would suggest you also delete the Second Life Prefetch file in C: > Windows > Prefetch in case it is corrupted.

None of thse files are uninstalled automatically.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.