LatteCaffe

Troubles To Log In

Question

Hello Second Lifers ~

I has left the game for a couple months, and a few days ago I has come back. It was working just fine as always. My last log in were yesterday.

But today for some unclear reason, I has not been able to log in anymore.

Whenever I hit to "Log in" it ends with the same message "Waiting for region handshake..." to then send me back to the launcher menu.

I never had a problem like this and my connection work just fine, even for stream it does allright. 

asd.thumb.png.b909d036f484dbb1313573b9341f12dc.png

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Fionalein said:

The region you try to login could have trouble, try entering "ANWR"

I tried entering "ANWR" and others regions, but none works, I get still the same message.

• Like 1

Try another viewer... if that too fails file a support ticket, maybe something went wrong with your account (botched inventory - or whatever)

5 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Try another viewer... if that too fails file a support ticket, maybe something went wrong with your account (botched inventory - or whatever)

Allright, I will try that.

• Like 1

Also, go ahead and start up the Firestorm viewer, but do not try to log in.  Instead, click Help / About Firestorm.  Click the 'Copy to Clipboard' button at the bottom of the window that pops up and then paste that into a reply here.  There may be something in your settings that are causing an issue.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Also, go ahead and start up the Firestorm viewer, but do not try to log in.  Instead, click Help / About Firestorm.  Click the 'Copy to Clipboard' button at the bottom of the window that pops up and then paste that into a reply here.  There may be something in your settings that are causing an issue.

Firestorm 6.0.1 (56538) Dec 13 2018 20:35:34 (64bit) (Firestorm-Betax64) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz (3408.01 MHz)
Memory: 8066 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 7600.523)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 25.20.100.6323
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 417.71

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.5
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 1.10.09
Dullahan: 1.1.1080 / CEF: 3.3325.1750.gaabe4c4 / Chromium: 65.0.3325.146
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1920x1057 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 128 m
Bandwidth: 1500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2.5
Render quality: High (5/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 1024 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2019-1-27T16:57:52 
Built with MSVC version 1800
January 27 2019 09:35:50 SLT

• Like 1

Nothing is jumping out from that info.  Given that you could log in yesterday, I'd probably try a modem and router reboot first.  If you are wireless, try wired if that is an option.  If you are still having problems, try the things mentioned in this blog: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Nothing is jumping out from that info.  Given that you could log in yesterday, I'd probably try a modem and router reboot first.  If you are wireless, try wired if that is an option.  If you are still having problems, try the things mentioned in this blog: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

The rebooting thing is always my first option too, I'm connected through cable, since I'm not a fan of the wireless. I already tried those stuffs mentioned in the blog, my ping is not that "bad", taking in mind I'm pretty far away. Getting a ping around 150-200, and in game has been always unnoticiable. 

I will ask my neighboor his laptop to check if I get the same error, and lastly I could do some Window reinstall, since I got it fill with trash stuffs anyway. I will be killing 2 shots with one bird.

I'll update it later.

Edited by LatteCaffe

Allright, this is my update:

I has been always runned SL through my "Disk D", without any kind of trouble. But yeah.. sh1t happens sometimes, as it did with me. 

So I fixed my problem by re-installing the viewer in my "Disk C".  

I still wonder what was the cause for it to stop working properly all of sudden in that disk.

I guess I will never know...

Edited by LatteCaffe

You should always install SL in the default folder (C:\Programs or C:\Programs(x86), depending on whether the viewer is 64 bit or 32 bit).  But you can move your cache and chat log locations to another location.  Use the directory options in Me/Preferences to do that.

16 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You should always install SL in the default folder (C:\Programs or C:\Programs(x86), depending on whether the viewer is 64 bit or 32 bit).  But you can move your cache and chat log locations to another location.  Use the directory options in Me/Preferences to do that.

Thanks for the advice, I will take it in mind.

Anyway I'm getting the same problem again, I tried to log in another avatar, and troubles started again. I has been trying everything to can fix this. 

But seems nothing works, it's so frustrating all this.

I think I just gonna give up and check by time to time if it get fixed by itself.