Is it Possible to build a house on sims 4 and export/import it to SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm really interested in building for SL... and well, one way to build houses efficiently and something I already know how to use proficiently is The sims 2, 3, and 4 build mode... I'm not worried about textures and whatnot, all I want is the model... I was wondering if there was a way to export a sims house file from the game and a simple way to convert it using something like blender to upload it as a mesh object for SL? Any help is greatly appreciated! If not, is there any programs I could use that would be similar to the sims style grid builder (With walls, floors, and roofs)? something I could potentially use without it costing an arm and a leg to use?

2 hours ago, Jeremiah Bekkers said:

I'm really interested in building for SL... and well, one way to build houses efficiently and something I already know how to use proficiently is The sims 2, 3, and 4 build mode... I'm not worried about textures and whatnot, all I want is the model... I was wondering if there was a way to export a sims house file from the game and a simple way to convert it using something like blender to upload it as a mesh object for SL? Any help is greatly appreciated! If not, is there any programs I could use that would be similar to the sims style grid builder (With walls, floors, and roofs)? something I could potentially use without it costing an arm and a leg to use?

Along with the "able to" part of the equation you might want to read the TOS of the Sims game as exporting to another platform could certainly be against the rules. Haven't ever played, just a thought. Good luck.

ALSO you will need to make a PHYSICS model for SL for any building you import.  So you know! :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jeremiah Bekkers said:

When I came to Second Life from only ever having played Sims Original I was so sad to find out I could not drag a line across the ground and build a mansion :D  I would not imagine it possible as Chic mentioned their TOS while the walls may not be so proprietary the windows and fixtures definitely would be. Blender is free, and while it would be you making the items, it may be the best route to look into. There are architecture software programs out there also, but those being able to be mesh for in world is doubtful. You could try just using the old fashioned SL prims in world, build up an idea and then export to your PC and re-open in blender to fix it up, that may be more intuitive for you in the beginning.

p.s because I like embarrassing myself in here...when I used to build in Sims I found their wallpaper generator and not knowing anything about copyright and so on, my bathroom was wall papered with David Boreanaz in the Bath :D 

Edited by Sasy Scarborough
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Also, you can buy premade house parts in SL, to use in building if you don’t know how to make your own.

Absolutely.  I suggest buying ONE fairly complex looking piece and checking out how well it holds up inworld for LODS and for triangle count (OR hopefully items are out on display in a store --- even better).  ALL mesh is definitely NOT created equal.   

You can make some very nice things with simple prims and a few mesh windows and doors.    Start simple and work your way along. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.