Skin

LiddoPandoria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are you applying the skin to the Maitreya body via an Omega applier?  In that situation I often forget to add the Omega System Relay HUD for Maitreya before applying the skin - and then I'm wondering why it didn't apply - then I remember and add the Omega relay, apply again, and success!  (Unlike some of the other bodies I have, the Omega relay is not built-in on Maitreya, and neither does it 'install', so each time one wants to apply something on Maitreya with an Omega applier (whether skin, tattoos or clothing) the Omega relay HUD needs to be worn.)

Also, make sure you are in a location where scripts are enabled.

22 minutes ago, LiddoPandoria said:

I never had a omega relay, Guess i should buy one?

Not neccesarily - some designers offer maitreya skins with omega head skins (LAQ shoudl need neithre an installer nor a relay) - but the relay for maitreya is well worth it's Lindens.

38 minutes ago, LiddoPandoria said:

So i bought a skin demo, Liked it so got the full version, Now here's the problem, I can't get the demo off, I tried to wear the new skin did't work. This happens to me a lot to the point that i won't bother changing my avi. I have a Maitreya body and a laq head.

Does the applier not work on both the head and the body?

Or does it work on one of the parts?

What is in your folder with the new skin?

If it is several "box" symbols there with "appliers" in the name, are you sure you use the right one? Omega will work on Laq head, but not on Maitreya Body unless you have Omega relay for Maitreya.

And if you have an applier with "Catwa" in the name, you can't use it on your body and your head.

I think the problem is maybe:

• All options was in the demo, but you bought the wrong pack. (The vendor does not include all appliers with the full priced skin)
  • You got appliers for multiple bodies and heads, but you use the wrong ones.

Any suggestion on which to buy? Dont want to buy the wrong one one.

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Not neccesarily - some designers offer maitreya skins with omega head skins (LAQ shoudl need neithre an installer nor a relay) - but the relay for maitreya is well worth it's Lindens.

I dont have catwa, But i maybe using the wrong appliers but none came with it, I will buy something else and try cause now i have scales. lol

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Does the applier not work on both the head and the body?

Or does it work on one of the parts?

What is in your folder with the new skin?

If it is several "box" symbols there with "appliers" in the name, are you sure you use the right one? Omega will work on Laq head, but not on Maitreya Body unless you have Omega relay for Maitreya.

And if you have an applier with "Catwa" in the name, you can't use it on your body and your head.

I think the problem is maybe:

• All options was in the demo, but you bought the wrong pack. (The vendor does not include all appliers with the full priced skin)
  • You got appliers for multiple bodies and heads, but you use the wrong ones.

I find your type of confusion is usually from misunderstanding how the body and/or appliers work.

Strawberry made a video showing her appling 3rd party skin to LAQ. See 

About 1 min and 50 sec in...

Rhonda Huntress in another thread  points people to:

Adding skin to mesh body and heads is just a matter of knowing if Omega is needed or not then making a couple of clicks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.