Disappearing Catwa mesh head (for others)

Louisa Ultsch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 

I have a mesh Maitreya body and a Catwa mesh head. I use Firestorm Beta 6.0.1.56538 on a PC, using a wireless connection to internet. After logging in to SL and moving around over a couple of sim crossings, my head vanishes (unbeknown to me), usually with a few prim attachments. I see the attachments go, and I can bring them back with a refresh. But I do not see my head go. To me I continue to look totally normal, but others see me without head. Refreshing does  not work. The only visual hint I see, is that if I open my Catwa hud, there is no communication between the hud and the head. For example, if I click to remove eyelashes, there is no response if the head is gone (remember, I see the head there, with eyelashes!). I have to relog. 

This happens every time I log on and really annoying. If anyone has experienced this and discovered a fix, then very grateful if you could share it. I'm enclosing two pics of the condition. 

Thanks, Lou. 

lou_no_head.jpg

lou_ok.jpg

Edited by Louisa Ultsch

Typically this happen when you have too many items attached to the same point.  Put all your items on normally  and then check what each is attached to.  Likely there are multiple items attached to the same location as the head.  Things that are rigged  will automatically go to the area they are rigged to, so you can detach items and re-attach them to other locations.  The only thing you need to be careful of is that some attachment points can cause some items to move funny, so you might have to experiment a bit to find the best attach spots for some things.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Louisa Ultsch said:

I tried it out today and it looks good. No vanishing heads after removing the other chin attachment. The other items that disappeared when crossing sims stayed in place too. Thanks again. 

You're very welcome - and thanks for coming back to give us an update. It is good when any fixes can be acknowledged here for others to make note of.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.