Script problem in sl with me( help please

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Yes, but I thought that's what happens when the OP tries to sit on a bike, not on every particular object on the region.   

I'm wondering what happens when the object in question is a simple box with only a sit target set and nothing else.

Good point.  I may have misinterpreted the OP's comment there.  The bike may be a red herring.  I assumed that he meant he was getting that message when he sits on anything.  It's not clear. @greek Wingtips, what did you mean?

12 minutes ago, steph Arnott said:

Well they do state this ' I cannot sit on anything '.

True, but that doesn't answer Innula's question about what error message the OP may be getting, if any.  So far, he's only told us about the error message he gets when he sits on that bike, which may have nothing to do with the underlying issue.  I'm afraid we are blind here.

@greek Wingtips: as far as I remember (without being able to check inworld atm), the script error message is shouted by the object that contains the malfunctioning script. And you should be able to see the name of the object.

Script trying to trigger animations but PERMISS ION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION ppermission not set

If the name of the object causing the message is indicated, is it the same name as the object that you tried to sit on? If not, what is the name?

Edited by Estelle Pienaar
20 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

thanks  for the reply, but I not assumed. 

1) I guess you are getting a script warning window like this:images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReVTrYSLTv-Jt5BluPMbI

But with adifferent message: "Script trying to trigger animations but PERMISS ION_TRIGGER _ANIMATION permission not set".

Correct?

2) In my example picture it is a script in an object named "Object" that causes the error. It is located at the coordinates (12, 237, 73) .

Now look at your own error message. What is the name of the object and where is it located? Is it actually the object that you tried to sit on or is it somewhere/something else? If it is somewhere else, then go to the coordinates that are given in your error message and remove the specified object.

Edited by Estelle Pienaar

I rezzed other seating objects and they just kick me off, others come up with different script errors,   its not the avatar, its the not firestorm or sl viewer, I strips back to newbie with nothing on huds or any scripts its not that, the sim I have full rights,  so I completely lost

26 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

I rezzed other seating objects and they just kick me off, others come up with different script errors,   its not the avatar, its the not firestorm or sl viewer, I strips back to newbie with nothing on huds or any scripts its not that, the sim I have full rights,  so I completely lost

Can you create images of the different script error messages that you receive and post them here? I think that's the only way for us to get an idea of what is going on.

Also you say that some objects don't give you an error message and just unseat you. But maybe you just overlook the error messages ( as they arrive sometimes silently in your messages floater and do not pop up on your screen). Have you checked that?

3 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

Have you accidentally set something in your preferences that revokes permissions on all objects when sat upon, rather than just when getting up from them?

5 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

I narrowed it down, apparently everyone cannot sit if I am on the sim, if I'm not online or not on the sim,everyone can sit, 

I have stripped of back to newbie and I have removed all huds 

That sounds like some real FUBAR condition - I think it is support ticket time. describe your findings as detailed as possible. wasn't there some griefer item described a year ago with similar behaviour?

Edited by Fionalein
14 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

apparently everyone cannot sit if I am on the sim, if I'm not online or not on the sim,everyone can sit, 

Oooo!  Now that's a decent clue.  All of the LSL functions that depend on land ownership carry some form of this message:

Function WILL NOT work on group owned land if the owner of the object where this function resides is not currently online and connected to the sim .

• These limitation can be overcome by deeding the object to a group the object owner is one of the owners of.

So, normally people experience the reverse of the problem you are seeing, because they are using something that ought to be deeded to the group that owns the parcel, but isn't.  In your case, you are looking for something that is deeded to the group, but shouldn't be.  It's trying to give the owner permission to sit, but a group cannot sit.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

so how can I overcome this, 

Well, if this clue is leading in the right direction, start looking at all group-owned objects, especially those that do something when you sit on them.  I think one of them is your culprit. Unless we're walking down another blind alley, of course.

• Like 1

I'm not really following the reasoning that this would be an object that shouldn't be group-owned, but is. That would seem to correspond to items that are operating all the time instead of only when the owner is on the sim.

Still, this new clue about behaving differently when the OP is on the sim does suggest the misbehaving script might be a security script. I can imagine somebody trying to llReturnObjectsByOwner(), for example, and removing all seated avatars to make the objects eligible to be returned. It's still kind of a long-shot -- it would have to be improbably buggy -- but still if I had any kind of scripted security devices on the sim I might try stopping their scripts and see if that happened to solve the problem.

2 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I'm not really following the reasoning that this would be an object that shouldn't be group-owned, but is. That would seem to correspond to items that are operating all the time instead of only when the owner is on the sim.

I agree that it's unusual, but that's the first clue we've heard that seems related to a recognized LSL behavior -- even remotely and in a bizarre way. 

3 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Still, this new clue about behaving differently when the OP is on the sim does suggest the misbehaving script might be a security script.

That's a decent possibility, although it too skirts the realm of improbability.  I have the feeling that we are getting closer.

3 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

But why am I the culprit, when everything I rezzed since this problem I have taken back into my invent?

Not to belabour the semantics of "culprit" here, it's just that it's more likely an object owned by you is causing the problem, especially in light of the information that it only happens when you're on the sim and then affects everybody.

It's certainly possible that some other object owned by somebody else, is checking to see if you're in the sim (your llGetAgentSize() isn't ZERO_VECTOR), and only when you're present repeatedly calling llUnSit() on everybody in llGetAgentList(). That would be an exceptionally selective griefer though, only attacking when you're around, and then attacking everybody.

Or it may be some bug in the sim code or some other opaque quirk that somehow only applies when you're on the sim. This isn't very parsimonious, but it can't be dismissed entirely in a world where some bugs depend on the arithmetic precedence of randomly assigned UUIDs.

My theory is that you own some object intended to do something like count rental prims and enforce prim count limits using llReturnObjectsByOwner() which (I think) depends on the items not being sat upon. That counting function, llGetParcelPrimOwners(), would behave exactly as described, getting no results when you're not around and returning a list of counts when you're on the sim. That doesn't prove anything, of course, but it seems consistent with the facts in evidence.

• Like 2
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.