Serato Malfunctions with SL

NorthKoreanSwag

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello! I've installed Serato so I could hook up my DJ equipment to my desktop, and by itself, it works great. However, whenever I open SL with Serato going, Serato just stops playing music and instead makes a clicking noise, and refuses to play. The programme itself is responsive- I can click on things and open menus, etc. I've searched the forums and no one else seems to have this problem.

Ultimately I wanted to DJ and be logged in on SL on the same machine, but I'm not sure what's going on. I switched SL to use my normal audio interface I use and not the Denon DJ drivers, and it's still giving me problems.

Any clue as to what's going on?

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, NorthKoreanSwag said:

searched the forums and no one else seems to have this problem.

it can be serato uses the same audio device as SL and if it's not able to handle dual purposes that's not going to work well.

Also, when you have a question like this you better show (gyazo) what you have done, or describe your settings as close as possible. Did you set up your stream? Is your server working as it should? Does it work without SL ?

As former DJ and sometimes still streaming myself, if possible do not use the same machine for broadcast and SL, if your viewer freezes or crashes your stream will go down too, and when you have to reboot, your venue will be empty... people arent going to wait ....

Oh, well you answered my question then with a good point. I have a laptop I normally have Serato and my system hooked up to, so I'll just use that and a HDMI out to one of my monitors if needed. It'll be awkward cueing tracks from my laptop to the far right, but I'll either move things around to be more ergonomic, or just get used to looking at three screens.

I haven't even started messing with stream settings yet. I just now installed Serato on my desktop and moved my gear around on my desk to be in front of my main computer instead. I guess that brings me to my next question: What do people use to stream to SL? I searched the forums but there didn't seem to be specific instructions, although I did see a few mentions of streaming softwares that I'll try a bit later. From what I can tell, I just tell the stream software to use the Denon multi-channel input and have it connect to whatever stream I'm using.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.