curious... is there any type of dating/ match up service for sl?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've honestly tried these matching services a long time ago just for the laughs, because I knew the type of man sl/rl that I like is so darn rare that they wouldn't be able to match me with anybody - and they haven't. But it was all in all a fun experience.

Met my perfect guy by mistake after years of more or less actively searching. So just like others said before me - go out there and explore, you never know what you might find or who you accidentally bump into. And never ever lower your expectations, no matter how insanely high they may seem, I can almost promise you there is someone else out there that meets your criteria to a fault. :3 

*mew* Best of luck to the op if they're still looking. ❤️

AV Match. I used it and wound up locating a truly brilliant Submissive Girl. (I was screening for experienced BDSM partners and got really lucky)

Be prepared to put some honesty and work into your profile and then so spend time looking through your ”hits”.

Having a photo in your profile really does help your odds as many people auto-cull empty or no-photo profiles.

Edited by AmandaKeen

Why are so many people recommending this Avmatch? Spent a few minutes looking around and concluded that site is a complete joke. Unless you plan to spend money you can't do ANYTHING on this site. Want to message another person? That'll be 110L per message, and it costs another 110L to read a message from another person. Want to upload photos? You also have to pay some random amount for "upload tokens", not to mention the site was probably built in 1999 or something and absolutely destroys photo quality (everything is distorted and ends up looking like 240p). They also block you from putting up your SL name in your profile otherwise people would simply use SL itself to contact each other. The only two things you can do on the site: browse profiles, and send completely idiotic uneditable messages to strangers that look like they were written by a 12-year old who just discovered the internet (e.g. "I've got a poseball with your name on it", I'm not making this up).

It's obvious they're trying to copy the pay2use formula like match.com or okcupid, but at least those sites/apps are well-maintained, look modern and are convenient to use, whereas this site looks like it was built by high school teenager in 3 days about 20 years ago and never updated and now parading around as a cashgrab.

TLDR: AvMatch is a complete joke, people are literally better off using discord to make friends.

Edited by MelodyClone1
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, MelodyClone1 said:

Why are so many people recommending this Avmatch? Spent a few minutes looking around and concluded that site is a complete joke. Unless you plan to spend money you can't do ANYTHING on this site. Want to message another person? That'll be 110L per message, and it costs another 110L to read a message from another person. Want to upload photos? You also have to pay some random amount for "upload tokens", not to mention the site was probably built in 1999 or something and absolutely destroys photo quality (everything is distorted and ends up looking like 240p). They also block you from putting up your SL name in your profile otherwise people would simply use SL itself to contact each other. The only two things you can do on the site: browse profiles, and send completely idiotic uneditable messages to strangers that look like they were written by a 12-year old who just discovered the internet (e.g. "I've got a poseball with your name on it", I'm not making this up).

It's obvious they're trying to copy the pay2use formula like match.com or okcupid, but at least those sites/apps are well-maintained, look modern and are convenient to use, whereas this site looks like it was built by high school teenager in 3 days about 20 years ago and never updated and now parading around as a cashgrab.

TLDR: AvMatch is a complete joke, people are literally better off using discord to make friends.

I can only comment based on the results 🙂 I was looking for a play- partner to participate in a specific type of Scene, someone emotionally mature with interesting experiences and personality.

Trying to sift people one-by-one in fetish clubs is a lengthy process and presents the problem of dealing with the ones who are just “not right” politely.

Since I spend a good chunk of Linden$ on clothing and putting together a theme-build; I was willing to spend a little on taking the pain out of locating a playmate.

For all the limitations and expense, I REALLY got a great value for my $. They managed to connect me with a wonderful human being who I still consider a friend :)

Mileage may vary 🙂

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Athayus Quan said:

I took Flirt VR offline for now reworking the code. Been focusing most of my time on Social VR & Pixel VR. Linden Labs Officially Joined a few days ago on both sites. 

And here when logged in, if you choose to join you can follow their official page on my network here. https://socialvr.me/SecondLife

You can see post here. image.png.6dca5be06b75d2a05bd6edd6d927ebd4.png

Just joined! 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.