Sandra8675

curious... is there any type of dating/ match up service for sl?

There are dating services around, but I can’t say that most last long enough to start throwing around landmarks.

The best advice I’dgive you is to do things that interest you.. explore. You’ll find somebody, and it helps that you know they have a common interest.

• Like 1

Tons of them. You've got ye olde dating board places, you've got your matching services, speed dating thingies, and your meat markets. Pretty much all of them will crush your soul and take your money - except meat markets where you actually sell yourself for lindens - and pretty much all of them will, if anything, result in someone who wants to pixel bump you and not much else. 

As Nora suggested, just get out there and do things you enjoy, and you'll meet people along the way. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Laoise Rumsford said:

AvMatch. There are others, but, I've only used AM. :)

Is AvMatch a website or app or is it found InWorld?

9 hours ago, Orwar said:

Pretty much all of them will crush your soul --

d1c16b7db044cb6f39864774520fff0e.jpg

15 minutes ago, PookieTM said:

Is AvMatch a website or app or is it found InWorld?

It's a Website. However, it's not 100% free. You're given like, 2 contact tokens per Month. But you can buy more if you'd like, or refer people.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

They're around but have never really worked for me.  Whenever I have met a really good one I usually met him by accident.

• Like 1

a friend talked me into trying one, in order to meet new friends, to cheer me up after a breakup. it was a disaster. Even though my profile said quite specifically “friends only”, the guys just wanted to bump uglies with me. One guy took me straight to his home, showed me his "BDSM chamber", and said I could dance for him. yeah, that didn't happen. it was a horrible 2 weeks.

• Sad 5

I made a site called https://flirtvr.me which is an avatar dating site however its relatively new. As for in world locations depends on what your looking for. I've been in SL nearly 15 years, I know  a ton of really cool people,  some good locations include energy (club) is a good place to meet people, Muddy's Cafe, The River and other clubs. Most people really friendly. :D

• Like 4

On 3/13/2019 at 2:06 AM, Athayus Quan said:

I made a site called https://flirtvr.me which is an avatar dating site however its relatively new. As for in world locations depends on what your looking for. I've been in SL nearly 15 years, I know  a ton of really cool people,  some good locations include energy (club) is a good place to meet people, Muddy's Cafe, The River and other clubs. Most people really friendly. :D

Great site and would've loved to join, but why is our phone number a requirement?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, holobebe said:

Great site and would've loved to join, but why is our phone number a requirement?

Ugh!  Do NOT do that.  I had a SL stalker come to where I worked in RL because I was careless.  It was just too scary when he wouldn't leave.  Be very, very careful!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

On 3/11/2019 at 11:43 AM, Donna Underall said:

Whenever I have met a really good one I usually met him by accident.

image.png.a8624a7729448977cadd2917698dd883.png  The best fishing spots are always in places you least expect there to be a lot of good fish😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jameson2001 said:

image.png.a8624a7729448977cadd2917698dd883.png  The best fishing spots are always in places you least expect there to be a lot of good fish😁

I didn't know I was a fisherwoman but I guess I am!  :)

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2019 at 10:23 AM, Catrie said:

a friend talked me into trying one, in order to meet new friends, to cheer me up after a breakup. it was a disaster. Even though my profile said quite specifically “friends only”, the guys just wanted to bump uglies with me. One guy took me straight to his home, showed me his "BDSM chamber", and said I could dance for him. yeah, that didn't happen. it was a horrible 2 weeks.

God, IKR.  So many of them just come across as so awful...   Back in the day, when SL was wilder and had fewer limits, if guys acted that way with me I could set them on fire.  The only way to put it out was for him to log.  Did I ever tell you how I much I miss that power?  :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/15/2019 at 11:46 AM, Donna Underall said:

God, IKR.  So many of them just come across as so awful...   Back in the day, when SL was wilder and had fewer limits, if guys acted that way with me I could set them on fire.  The only way to put it out was for him to log.  Did I ever tell you how I much I miss that power?  :P

I would have loved to have done that. especially since he kept telling me he had a signature body, like that was supposed to impress me. I kept telling him I just wanted to be friends and he said that he'd be friends with me as long as we could bump  nasties.

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)

It happens when it happens love is rare you don't have to chase it but put your self out their.  Be yourself get out their go to clubs find what groups people go to go to diffren't dating places. You create your happiness to make happiness. 

Conversation and Dance Does not mean instant partnership or marriage in one day. Friendship is build and relationship is build. Love can not be forced just as friendship. Has to be connection and attraction it goes both ways. Their is someone for everyone one can not do it all. It will happen when it happens. 

Someone has to get to know you before anything as in conversation. Like if your at a club you just want to relax make conversation or dance have to have attraction and connection not just one can have  that gotta be both. Its body languages how you carry it not all looks. Yes you have to open more doors.  Once the trust is build then things can be exchanged. But its good to be upfront once its built in goes both ways. Don't be with someone because your alone do it when your ready to be in love.  Someone has to take you out in public in world or the place are that is called effect and it takes time to see where goes to build that love. Don't go by sweet words go by sweet effect.   As someone gets to know you don't have to voice right away you don't have to be teleported any where else you can be kind but stand your ground the person has to respect you if they can't just walk say bye Felicia.  Use your gut feeling and intuition it tells you the truth.  Really its your life just take the safety with it.

connecitongirl.png

maasterit.jpg

Edited by TeraChrista
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

holobebe

No real life number or any RL information required on https://flirtvr.me the site clearly states you can put a virtual number aka something you make up on it like 110010101 it just needs a number any random number in the slot but does not require a real number.

Nothing on any of my sites require real life into the only thing I ask for is a valid email for notices and forgot password but most people can make those up as well. I hope that clears up any confusion. The same goes for Social VR .me which has 1500 avatars on it which is alternative to facebook and Pixel VR .me which has over 900 digital artists and virtual photographers all 3 site don't require any RL personal information .. :D Even creator of SL has join one of the sites :D

Edited by Athayus Quan

On 3/16/2019 at 10:36 PM, Catrie said:

he said that he'd be friends with me as long as we could bump  nasties.

And you refused? But...he has signature body!!?

If it was that easy I would keep a signature body in my inventory too, and send friend request to random pretty girls!

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

And you refused? But...he has signature body!!?

If it was that easy I would keep a signature body in my inventory too, and send friend request to random pretty girls!

Dang it! maybe I should go back and try to figure out who he is again. how can I turn down anyone that has a Signature body? maybe I should just hang out at the Signature shopping event and ask all the guys if they'll be my friend.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Catrie said:

Dang it! maybe I should go back and try to figure out who he is again. how can I turn down anyone that has a Signature body? maybe I should just hang out at the Signature shopping event and ask all the guys if they'll be my friend.

Don't waste your time go live your life.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TeraChrista said:

Don't waste your time go live your life.

<.<  I was being sarcastic, but I guess it didn't come through well via text.  😛  Besides, my partner would kill me if I did something like that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Catrie said:

Besides, my partner would kill me if I did something like that. 

No, but you'd beg me to ... 🤗

• Haha 1