Non-Breedable Animals

Lilith Sablatnig

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong forum.
I am looking for recommendations on non-breedable pets in second life. Not looking for something that I have to feed, but I would like something with a degree of interaction and preferably something that looks like an animal rather than a pile of sad pixels.

Cats, dogs or other fluffy cuties, I don't mind. What pets do you have or would recommend that would fulfil my need for cute?

1 hour ago, Lilith Sablatnig said:

Hello, please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong forum.

looks like the right section to me ;) Welcome to the Forums

Let's give you some overview of technologies available:

puppeteer scripts

Puppeteer moves around elements of the pet and rearranges them to imitate movement. Some of SL's most interactive pets use this technology. Examples include Artificial Intelligence Friends (AIF), Virtual Kennel Club (VKC) and Calli Kit Falconry.

face flipping

In this technology the pet exists in several states of movement and the script just flips through them making them only one visible at a time. Sadly I never encountered a very interactive one so far. Well known creators of these pets are for example Jian and Hextraordinary.

animesh

Now this is the newest and most up to date technology. Mesh creatures that can be animated like avatars. Sadly it is still new and you might run into a lot of scam or just bad content when you try getting one. Abranimations started dabling with it and so far has IMHO the best pets available. But animesh pet interactivity so far has not reached the dimensions of AIF, VCF and Calli Kit Falconry. There are some folks working on "no copy" ridable horse pets... I am not so excited as region crossing failures could eat your horse so I won't get that one when it is out (which is a shame - it really looked well done).

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many, many thanks on your detailed answer. Thinking from this, the puppeteers might be what I desire here.

I have heard of VKC but are they breedables?

I found a store called TomatoPark in marketplace, which seems to have interactive cuties. Have you heard of this store or know much about the quality? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lilith Sablatnig said:

I found a store called TomatoPark in marketplace, which seems to have interactive cuties. Have you heard of this store or know much about the quality? 

Never heared much about them before but that is no bad sign. Almost no one knows Calli's bird store either. The store is still there inworld which is always a good sign. From visiting I saw some of their animals are puppetteer and some are face flipping.

Hop around the inword stores and look at the animals there. Some stores like the one you found also offer videos...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lilith Sablatnig said:

I've been looking at some of the Jian, but wondered if they were just shoulder riding companions? Do they have interactions or just movement and sounds?

Oh no one answered that so far. Most packages by Jian include frea roaming animated wanderers and attachable clingers (ones oyu hold or cling to your leg) or companions (ones you attach and then wlak next to you

And now to something completely different, Animesh is a total game changer: you only need to understand scripting to make your own pets out of 100% rigged modifyable avatars (the 100% rigged is the hard thing, often eyes, ears or jaws or some silly attachment is unrigged) Some will have forbidding costs to be rezzed but as worm companions most will be fine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lilith Sablatnig said:

I have a wonderful Siberian Husky, an Arctic Fox, and a Wolf from TomatoPark.  All of them came with both a 'wanderer' and 'companion' version in the package - and they don't need to be fed, nor do they breed.

And I like the prices there a lot.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Lilith Sablatnig said:

I went with Tomatopark pets and so far, colour me impressed. I now need squirrels from TomatoPark for my garden.

Halp me, new addiction! 

We should not even discuss how many pets and static animal decorations I now have.  I may need a self-help group or possibly even some sort of intervention.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 12:20 PM, Fionalein said:

There are some folks working on "no copy" ridable horse pets... I am not so excited as region crossing failures could eat your horse so I won't get that one when it is out (which is a shame - it really looked well done).

Sorry for the bit of necro, but I felt I needed to bring this up.

I know at least one of the creators you're talking about with this(not personally, of course). This had been brought up in it's given group before, that it will be no copy, but you'll be able to redeliver as many times as you want. I think they said something about permissions or something messing up.. I really have no idea as it was a while ago.

Also not quite sure yet how the second creator for these will work, whether they will be the same way or not.

So you won't lose it all of course, you'll just have to get a redelivery... which can be annoying, too. Maybe best to avoid using them in laggy areas of the mainland, I guess.

Personally I am waiting to see if Jian jumps on the Animesh bandwagon, their stuff is just too cute.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 1

No copy items can't be redelivered on the MP. Pretty sure Caspervend doesn't allow it either. They'd have to script a vendor system specifically for that....but why on earth make it no copy then in the first place? That just begs for all sorts of problems.

If the permissions messed up simply have them reload everything and do it right until the item is copy.

This screams of incompetence. If they can't even get that right then Fiona is spot on with her fears.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.