Question

I was a premium member but no longer choose to be one. I deleted all Credit Card info, yet I was billed. How do I just become a non premium member? Thank you for your attentionto this matter

4 answers to this question

45 minutes ago, devildog6687 said:

I was a premium member but no longer choose to be one. I deleted all Credit Card info, yet I was billed. How do I just become a non premium member? Thank you for your attentionto this matter

You have to end the premium membership, not your billing information... I am sure someone with premium will soon hop by and tell you exactley how that can be done (1st step I happen to know: get rid of all your land holdings)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

You have to end the premium membership, not your billing information... I am sure someone with premium will soon hop by and tell you exactley how that can be done (1st step I happen to know: get rid of all your land holdings)

Fionalein is correct.  You have to change your membership plan not remove your payment method  Follow instructions here: 

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000135217-i-want-to-downgrade-my-premium-membership-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, please remember that your Premium membership is prepaid, so even if you downgrade to Basic today, you will still be a Premium member until the end of the period that you have already paid for.  That is, if you paid for an annual membership on January 1 (for example), you will still be a Premium member until January 1 next year, even if you downgrade now.  You cannot get a partial refund.  The only real change will be that you cannot own any land on the Mainland continent once you have indicated your intention to downgrade.

• Thanks 1

Also note that if you account currently shows in arrears because LL billed you and you no longer had any payment method on file, you must pay them the amount in arrears or you will get locked out of your account.

However, if they just billed you this week for your Premium and you had already relinquished any land that you might have had and removed your billing info, then SOMETIMES they will downgrade you from Premium and reverse the billing as of the date the billing was done.  You can open a ticket and explain it all - you might or might not get the billed amount reversed.

• Thanks 1