eseli

Anyone with Avastar willing to help?

I have an animation which I'd like to upload for personal use at priority 6. With this said, it's only one animation, and I can't justify the $40 price tag to get Avastar so I can upload a SINGLE priority 6 animation. With this in mind, I'm looking for someone who has Avastar already, and would be willing to help! I'll be willing to pay a reasonable for it, in addition to covering the 10L$ upload cost!

If anyone is interested, I'd prefer to communicate further via in-world IM, so I can share the dl privately. Thanks in advance!

26 minutes ago, eseli said:

I have an animation which I'd like to upload for personal use at priority 6.

If it wasn't made with the SL skeleton to begin with, the thing is gonna get a bit more complicated than that, involving a procedure called retargeting, admitting that this animation comes 1) in a readable format 2) with a Tpose. If one of these two conditions aren't met, the procedure gets a bit even more complicated with no guarantee of success or 100% accuracy to the original. 

There is also the issue of its origin and the applicable licensing: for example, Turbosquid provides animation files too but its ToS and License agreements forbid the use in SL.

• Thanks 1

The anim is literally a full perm animation which I already bought in-world, and exported to my desktop - so it already came from SL. It literally just needs to be reuploaded as the new priority.

see? There is already a problem with it: being full perms doesn't give you the right to export it as you don't own the IP. Full perms means you have a license to use the animation within SL for all possible uses, including resale of products containing such animation. most likely it came with a term of use where it's stated that you can't resell the full perm product "as is", which extends of course to the export/reimport, that is also IP theft being the animation uploaded under your name\account.

I would suggest contacting the creator and ask for the same animation with the priority you need, in the first place.

• Like 2