Second Life Account Being Terminated

subterranea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1917 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Fitch Linden is telling me that he is going to terminate my account for not adding additional information about myself.

I haven't done anything and he's ignoring me when I tell him that I can't add more personal information because I was born in the woods (anarchistic mom/ no father present).

He's ignoring me when I say I don't want to process any credits if they want more info and that I just want to continue playing second life and use funds that are on my account.

He's ignoring me when I say that the Patriot Act he's citing isn't an active law in the United States anymore and that I haven't done anything to deserve this.

He's ignoring everything and he says that he's going to terminate my account for information that I couldn't supply even if I wanted to.

I haven't harmed anyone or done anything wrong.
I don't want to process credits but he's taken the money out of my second life account and keeps insisting that he's going to terminate my account for not adding more information.

What am I supposed to do?
I'm being threatened and extorted.

I just want to play secondlife. if they don't want me to buy/sell lindens or to pay them for any services then that's fine.

He's said that all "of your future access to Second Life will be terminated"

13 answers to this question

Well, I guess he doesn't believe your claim that you don't have any official identification because you were born in the woods.  That went out with Davy Crockett.

Anyone born in this country has, or can get (and is REQUIRED to get) identification.  If you don't have any, you have a lot bigger problems facing you than getting kicked out of SL.

• Like 4

you don't think i know that? but saying that anybody that's born into this country naturally deserves to be treated this way is a cop out.

saying that somebody is not allowed to get identification and then telling them that they are required to do so in order to keep playing with us is borderline evil.

edit: you're basically saying we don't exist so we're going to erase you from existence.
* and countries don't give birth to people. humans do.
* saying anybody can get somebody who refuses to create an id for them to make one is just a flat out lie.
* our people don't just hand out "starter" ids for people like me with low levels of trust to develop. we don't have clearance levels for our ids.

* also, i have chocolate.

Edited by subterranea

39 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Is it groundhog day?   I am sure I replied to this yesterday

it's posted just 5 hours ago... perhaps got removed and posted again?
At some of the recent posts about issues between residents and LL there were used several alts i think.. that also might bring in some deja vu feelings 😮

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

it's posted just 5 hours ago... perhaps got removed and posted again?
At some of the recent posts about issues between residents and LL there were used several alts i think.. that also might bring in some deja vu feelings 😮

You are probably right.  The one yesterday included a screen shot of the support ticket or emails 

7 hours ago, subterranea said:

Fitch Linden is telling me that he is going to terminate my account for not adding additional information about myself.

I haven't done anything and he's ignoring me when I tell him that I can't add more personal information because I was born in the woods (anarchistic mom/ no father present).

He's ignoring me when I say I don't want to process any credits if they want more info and that I just want to continue playing second life and use funds that are on my account.

He's ignoring me when I say that the Patriot Act he's citing isn't an active law in the United States anymore and that I haven't done anything to deserve this.

He's ignoring everything and he says that he's going to terminate my account for information that I couldn't supply even if I wanted to.

I haven't harmed anyone or done anything wrong.
I don't want to process credits but he's taken the money out of my second life account and keeps insisting that he's going to terminate my account for not adding more information.

What am I supposed to do?
I'm being threatened and extorted.

I just want to play secondlife. if they don't want me to buy/sell lindens or to pay them for any services then that's fine.

He's said that all "of your future access to Second Life will be terminated"

It is the same for all people now I believe, you are not being singled out, if a Linden has cause for alarm he needs to act on it, with the amount of fraud and potential for money to be moved around in SL undetected by other countries etc, it is their job to ensure that the right things are done. As far as I know that all came in a few years back and is not LL's stand on it, but the goverment agencies that deal with all of it. 

I do not know what it is you do in Life, but if you are able to exist without a paper trail that is good if it is something you want, but if it was decided for you, and now you are kind of suffering the consequences you do need to try and work that out, because as you get older it will be very important.

7 hours ago, subterranea said:

saying that somebody is not allowed to get identification and then telling them that they are required to do so in order to keep playing with us is borderline evil.

Just because you don't follow the law doesn't mean LL, a for-profit company that has a platform capable of money-laundering, doesn't have to follow any laws.

To allow someone they suspect to have incorrect identification (which you agree to give in their Terms of Service) to use their platform would not serve them well. 

Even if you are an anarchist / sovereign, you can probably agree with the logic behind a safety measure like that, even if you disagree with the results. 

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

@Fitch Lindenis not threatening you, just showing up the consequences of not complying to you. HUGE DIFFERENCE!

As of born in the woods? Now that is hardly plausible. If you are you might lack a birth certificate but even if you are run over by a bus and recover with total amnesia of your former self your government will provide you with some kind of identification...

Edited by Fionalein

18 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

but even if you are run over by a bus and recover with total amnesia of your former self your government will provide you with some kind of identification...

is that true ? why don't they ever show that in the movies, or is that where all the john and jane does come in. I am genuinely curious on what they do in that matter.

I also do not understand where being born has to do with anything, people are born in Taxis, does not mean they don't register the birth. People are born at home etc same thing, someone registers their birth. Regardless of single parentage, or being an anarchist, you have to have had some civilisation at some point to be on a computer at this time logging into a virtual world. Money to buy the PC, how are the utilities payed, didn't you have to have ID for that ? 

I am not having a go at the OP at all, I am just wondering how it is possible, how do you do anything without ID, in my country even in your 50s a bouncer will ask you for ID when entering a bar because it is policy to ask everyone so that no one can slip in underage.

=

6 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

this sounds to me as that strange "sovereign citizens" movements ... we're here but we'r not bound by your laws stuff....

what the hell are you talking about? what laws? that's what i keep asking about and nobody gives me a single law.
and stop advertising all those idiots out there. i'm trying to comply here and trying to give whatever i've got!
nobody talking about laws ever gives me any. fitch said the patriot act. i pointed out that isn't a law. it doesn't exist. it expired years ago.
this is on record. and you guys are talking about nuts.

i'm literally only asking to continue playing second life with what i've got.
i haven't done anything alarming or unusual and i'm happy to stop doing whatever they want me to stop doing if i don't get robbed.

50 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

@Fitch Lindenis not threatening you, just showing up the consequences of not complying to you. HUGE DIFFERENCE!

As of born in the woods? Now that is hardly plausible. If you are you might lack a birth certificate but even if you are run over by a bus and recover with total amnesia of your former self your government will provide you with some kind of identification...

How is seizing my funds without warrant and telling me that my only option is to give him new information about me if i want to see them again not a threat?
"i'm taking your money and erasing your account if you don't tell me more about yourself" is not a threat anymore?
and then when i do tell him more about myself, information that i don't want to tell him about myself, "it's not good enough."

also, stop lying to people. that's how you end up with people like fitch!
state ids require birth certificates now. planes require birth certificates. trains require birth certificates. even interstate buses require birth certificates.

and being born to a mother and father who had sex and arne't responsible is "hardly plausible!?"
how crazy do YOU have to be!?

I'm sitting here asking to continue playing a video game or chatting with people in a simulation and you people are talking about people handing out paperwork like candy and people having a kid together by themselves being the end of the world!

this has got nothing to do with playing secondlife and i'm not asking to gain new features or to add new information.
i've been asking to continue playing if they want me to stop buying and selling linden.
or fudgecake, even tell me if i'm misbehaving.

i haven't changed or done anything new and i'm being extorted here.
i'm not being given any logical or lawful reason for having my account erased.

Edited by subterranea

• Moderators

Hello,

Please be aware that governmental regulations concerning Money Service Businesses require what is known as Customer Due Diligence. For specific information in this regard, you will need to respond to your ticket. For information as to what laws are being complied with, you may wish to consult your personal legal representation. In any case, because you already have an existing ticket in this regard, you will need to refer to it for further assistance, as we cannot address such issues on the forums.

Thanks!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1917 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.