Do you use ban lines or those things that kick people out...

Gopi Passiflora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have never used either. If I am there, I can manually eject an intruder if necessary and if I'm not there, I don't care one bit who visits my home or what they do in it.

Just put the poseballs and used condoms away before you leave, I don't wanna see the mess your shenanigans leave behind. ;)

• Like 4

Ban lines are for what they say in the title, bans.

As for kicking people out, nah. I honestly don't mind if people go into my house. Whats the point of decorating it if I want to hide it away. (AND BEFORE someone goes and say "but you wouldn't let people into your real house!", it's different, people can't steal or trash the place)

• Like 2

I use the security orbs - but I use them inside of skyboxes.

At certain heights I rez an opaque and solid (non-phantom) box that people can see as they approach it, and then I set a security orb inside of it that only effects up to 0.1m LESS than the space the box covers. So you MUST be inside of the box to get zapped. From the inside of the box it's transparent so I can see out.

At ground I put up no barriers - but if I'm there and looking to be left alone I will eject someone by putting up a banline until it pushes them out, then taking it down (unless they're behaving badly in which case I toss them out more directly - but that's very rare.

Nah, I am fine with people wandering around my home.  I even have an automated message telling them they are welcome, it also keeps count - in the past year it shows I have had only two people other than myself there.   I'm not home often anyway, I'm out exploring everyone else's creations.  When I am home, it is just a little interior decorating, or watching videos on the couch.

It is not like they can do very much anyway, it is a pretty boring place and small.  

I don't use either one, personally.  I don't even set Privacy on my parcel, except once in a while if I'm doing something Naughty.

If I simply must eject and ban someone, I prefer to have the fun of doing it in person.  If one of my tenants asks for security, I'll set up an orb for them.

• Like 1

I don't have either enabled for my home; however, I do have a very tiny portion parceled off with a skybox for a dressing room. I use an orb in that tiny parcel. Also, I do my best to not have furniture with adult animations, which greatly reduces the attraction to do more than just have a look around at the build.

I don't use ban lines or orbs.  I personally don't care if people go on my land if I am not there and I don't even care if they use my stuff.  I rarely ever have had people show up on my land anyways, even when I am there.  And the ones that have just wanted to chat.  I hate ban lines, but I do understand why people use them.

• Like 1

I have always forbid banlines on sims I own and rent out.  I do however allow parcel securities that will send a over eager avatar home. I also turn off the function to see an interact with people on parcels.  Ban lines are so ugly and rude.

On sinister fox sim, which incidentally I am trying to sell some parcels, if you sail or fly around people have banlines all over. I think on mainland if you happen to have some waterfront, why prevent others from having a nice leisure sail without bumping into ban lines.

• Like 2

I use an orb with a 60 second timer to nudge people on their way.  My mainland's by a road, so that (to me anyway) is fair as it allows anyone who drives in/flies over/hops on my toilet collection, time carry on their journey unimpeded.

Regardless of the various viewpoints, there's still the maturity ratings that a landowner has to comply with, that's 1 good reason why so many use orbs.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

Regardless of the various viewpoints, there's still the maturity ratings that a landowner has to comply with, that's 1 good reason why so many use orbs.

Orbs don't protect you from violating maturity rating guidelines though, at least not as they are explained in the wiki. As banlines do not extend up endlesslily this also eliminates the possibility of adult content in private skyboxes on moderate sims.

But of couse you can always just banline a subparcel...

Edited by Fionalein

In a sense, it does when I read this part

• Allow only a group or specific individuals access to the parcel

As my orb will only allow whoever we decide to allow in.

From my own view as an explorer, that's why I chose 60 seconds, so anyone just passing by etc, won't get zapped if just passingby ^^

Neither.

I live on a very quiet mainland sim. Not much movement, few houses, a breedable plant enthusiast...and my own residence is up in the sky at around 1500 meters. I want the land below to be undisruptive to anyone exploring or simply passing by, so I don't put up banlines and I don't feel disturbed up in the air, so I don't see the need for an orb either.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.