Putting money onto your USD in your account?

Stakie Junibalya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

The easy way sounds like a hack but it's quite legal and logical.  Open your dashboard at secondlife.com and then click the link to the LindeX >> Buy L$.  Then fill out an order to BUY L$, using the Limit Buy option.  Specify a ridiculous exchange rate (something like L$10000 / $1.00 ) that nobody will want to sell at.  Place your order.  Wait a few minutes and then Open the LindeX again, this time clicking the Manage >> LindeX Order History link.  Find your order and cancel it.  The money that Linden Lab was holding in escrow for your order will be redirected to the USD balance in your account.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stakie Junibalya said:

I was trying to look on how to do this as I am unsure. I would just like to stockpile USD on my account to be able to pay tier. However I didn't find a tutorial or instructions on how to do so.

I need as much detail as possible as to how to do this if possible.

Many thanks,

Stakie

If you mean use Lindens to pay your tier, then you sell your linden to USD and just leave it there, then it will take from the USD balance before it will go to any other resource (credit card) and you will never need to worry about it. Make sure you convert in enough time before tier is due, so that you get the best sell price and also in case there is a slow down in selling with lots selling at once. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.