Stuff sticking out of my neck

saleya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, i recently sat on animations that forced me to bend my neck extremely backwards to look straight up. I noticed that in the extreme position 2 yellow artifacts were sticking out of my throat under my chin which looked quite awkward. I checked inside my head and found the usual mess of stuff in there. Taking off all attachments there's still that big yellow thing inside that probably should be hidden or transparent. I checked with my selfmade skin but can't find any related region. I cannot edit or highlight it, so i guess it's part of the sl av.

Any thoughts or solutions to help me with this please ?

1 minute ago, saleya said:

Hi, i recently sat on animations that forced me to bend my neck extremely backwards to look straight up. I noticed that in the extreme position 2 yellow artifacts were sticking out of my throat under my chin which looked quite awkward. I checked inside my head and found the usual mess of stuff in there. Taking off all attachments there's still that big yellow thing inside that probably should be hidden or transparent. I checked with my selfmade skin but can't find any related region. I cannot edit or highlight it, so i guess it's part of the sl av.

Any thoughts or solutions to help me with this please ?

I thought this title was going to be about something different :/ 

I have looked inside myself and have never seen anything yellow sticking out.  Can you share a screen shot?

• Haha 1

This is the classic head with no attachments at all. That the wooden brain should not be visible is what i thought.

Question is what caused this and how to revert ?

Can i somehaow get a complete new unmolested default avatar ?

Take off everything you're wearing, one item at a time, until it disappears. My prime suspect is your hair. If it doesn't go away at all, you can try choosing a classic avatar from your library. Pick one with all necessary parts (my usual choice is Girl Next Door) and right click the folder, then click "replace." Then you can start from scratch replacing your old avatar.

7 minutes ago, Aebleskiver Thibedeau said:

That's your hairbase.  If you look around you can pick up one that fits better, either in hair demos or mesh head demos.  It's a pain, but a fixable one.

What she said, or you can use a 100% transparent texture on it. To clarify, this is the original hair all SL avatars have and can't take off. These days it is used for eyebrow shapes. Go in appearance and find the default hair. It is often called bald cap or brow base. It has a symbol of a head in profile with a helmet-like hair blob.

fs_edit_hair.png?w=220&tok=9a2452

Click on where it says "texture", I bet it has a light yellow color now. You have a transparent texture in your library, You find it by typing transparent in your inventory search. Choose it and now problem is solved.

Image from Phoenix Firestorm. Read their tutorial, English isn't my #1 language so I am perhaps not explaining well. https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_edit_body_part#editing_your_hair

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dear Madame Thibedeau, you are absolutely right. Thank you, thank you and...thank you !

Texture was set to White-Transparent, changed it to *Default Transparent Texture  and everything is fine :-))

Thank you too, Marianne !

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.