neako Portilo

Looking To Start My Own Firm

Hello Everyone,

My name is Corbin Russwin (Neako.Portilo) and I am looking to start my own staffing Firm and I would like to tell you what I am aiming to do.

Currently in real life (IRL) I work in Human Resources staffed out of an Air Force Base in Missouri. With this in mind I am looking to start my own Second Life staffing agency or start working with a company that could greatly put my skills to use in this role. With me working on an Air Force Base I some times have time to play this game and I some times do not depending on how my work week goes. I always try to make it a point to get on at least every other day if not every day. 

I am looking to start my own firm but with no money put into Second Life because I have bills and things I need to save for I am looking for one of two things:

1) A company that is looking to hire someone to take care of their Human Resources related needs

2) An investor who would truly like to see a start up company thrive on Second Life.

There is nothing that has brought me more joy than working in Human Resources because it gives me that human interaction that all people crave and my valued time in my office (and believe me I have had a few). If this post interests you at all please feel free to send me a message on here (The Forums page) and I will get back with you asap. I am not apposed to working for any clubs either but once again only handling Hiring Needs. 

Hope to hear from you soon,

Corbin Russwin (Neako.Portilo)

A lot of trust goes into employing anyone in Second Life for any function, you would need to be sure that you not only have the possible contendors for such positions, but that you also have work available for them, which we already have forums for job seekers and other means such as classifieds to do so. You would also have to be willing to take on all responsibility if someone you send as a candidate does something wrong by the employer, and how and in what capacity you would be in control of that going forward. If it works out for a year but then doesn't are you going to get the backlash, if they do something wrong in a day or so, again on you. Then the mistreatment of employees, you would have to take on that also, as you were the one that placed them with that person. It is great that you have this love of this in RL and there are laws and practices that make that more possible there, but in Second Life it has been done in the past, has been promised and half acted upon by a fair few. 

Once you have all your eggs in the correct baskets then possibly ask for interested parties again, but also with your possibly on each day but maybe not etc, SL is 24/7 if the stuff hits the fan, you need to be able to fix the fan.