Cannot access my account/account on hold.

SolitaryFlacko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can't enter my account in the site or in-game(It says that either the username or password are wrong).I tried to change my account(even tho i don't recall changing it before) but it says it was put on hold.What could be the problem?Thank you.

That's the problem i have with my main account and not this one.

Edited by SolitaryFlacko

24 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, SolitaryFlacko said:

I can't enter my account in the site or in-game(It says that either the username or password are wrong).I tried to change my account(even tho i don't recall changing it before) but it says it was put on hold.What could be the problem?Thank you.

That's the problem i have with my main account and not this one.

We can't help.  We are residents like you. You will need to submit a support ticket.  If  LL have put your account on hold, they send an email telling you why and what to do next.  Check your spam folder and contact support here https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, SolitaryFlacko said:

I couldn't find no such e-mail but i will send them a ticket regarding my problem.Thanks for replying,cheers.

if your settings are right the response on the ticket will be send to your email, and you can reply from there, and in the helpcenter.
As alternative you can try calling billing or, when premium ( cán be worth getting premium for one month if you expect it will work lot faster) contact live chat at their openings hours.

You mostly have to be prepared to send rl identification proof and if you'r the rightfull accountholder in these matters.

30 minutes ago, subterranea said:

My support ticket about it was closed and not even responded to.

as far i know they only refuse to answer when you can't proof you'r the rightfull owner.
If you cán try reopening and send them the real proof.

He originally cited the Patriot Act as the reason for taking the funds out of my account.
I told him that the Patriot Act is expired and then he said there's other reasons, but he refuses to cite them.

I said that if they don't want me to transact, then I won't, but I don't want to be robbed and I don't feel comfortable forfeiting new information about myself under threat.

When I reached out to support, he forced a downgrade request and just deleted my house.

He said that he won't return the funds to my account and he also won't allow me to send them to my paypal account.

I've bought lindens and also sold them this past year, and I've always stayed under the limit.
They said that I could play and do that as long as I attached my paypal.

Now they have seized my funds and refuse to cite any reason and have started to remove things and block me from support about it.

This was my Christmas money that they're stealing.

I've been logging in all year long from the same place and the information they're ransoming my money for is information that I've never put on the account. They're not trying to verify anything and they have no reason to do so, since I haven't behaved suspiciously and have always stayed under the limit that they set for transfer.

I've asked them to give me a reason for this hostility and the only one that they could come up with was a reference to a law that isn't a law here in the US at all. And even then, there's nothing to justify stealing my funds to force new information out of me. I would not play second life if they don't want me to. i just don't want to get told it's ok to play and then robbed and threatened with my own money for new information about me for no reason that they want to give.

Edited by subterranea

I don't think Linden Lab would have been around 15 years if they were stealing money as you describe.  There is more to this that you aren't telling us.  It could be your account was in arrears or someone has used your account.  If you were a premium member they need your uptodate billing information or proof of identity to stop fraud

I am not hiding anything. I have been using second life for years and I have been transacting without any issues. I have always stayed under the limit and have not even moved from the same physical location that i play the game. They took the money from my account and they won't release it unless I give them new information about myself that is not on file.

If they just wanted more information about me, then they wouldn't take the money from me and hold it as a ransom.

I don't mind if they just want me to stop transacting for some reason.
It's their game.

But I want to at least be allowed to continue using the funds I have in game or to be allowed to return them to my paypal account (the same one that I've been using).

I'm not trying to gain access to anything and I'm not even trying to keep my ability to contribute to the labs.

If they don't trust me or don't want me to participate further, then that's fine.

I just don't want to be robbed by them or to be forceably raped into giving new information about myself.
I can't even use the funds to continue playing and they're going to ban and block me for not giving them new information about myself.

The email they send me is requesting new information about myself that is not on file right now.

Edited by subterranea

I  have been processing credit the entire year without the information.
They said that I only needed to add my paypal account and then allowed me to do so.

The Patriot Act required further information, but it expired.

Do you understand? I am not trying to gain access to "process credit" as I was told that I was allowed to do so if I attach my PayPal account.
I have been allowed to use "process credit" the entire year and have stayed under the limit that they specified, even though the Patriot Act is not a law.

This is not a case of "I want to bank. Let me."

They never told me that they no longer want me to bank.
They just took my funds suddenly and are now threatening my account and to steal the funds if I don't give them new information.

Trying to talk about the issue resulted in Fitch forcing a downgrade from Premium, destroying my house.
If they don't want me to use Process Credit anymore, then I won't.

But that's not an option for Fitch:
It's either give me new information about you or we steal your money.

and ontop of it we'll destroy your subterranea completely if you don't give us what we want.

Edited by subterranea

Well you should probably edit your posts and remove the details LL have sent you before a mod sees it.  You sign up to SL you agree to their TOS.  You want to process credit you agree to their TOS.  If they want information from you, whats the problem.  It will all be sorted.  Its explained in their correspondence they are complying with laws by collection the information they need

if you're just saying "well f you because it doesn't matter what people do to you, just comply" then that's rude.

the problem is that i'm a natural born citizen (born in the woods), so i have no information that could be verified.

this means that their demand is effectively: give us information that you will never have access to.

that was the issue with the patriot act when it was active: some of us were born naturally and aren't on record.
in my case it's an anarchistic mother and a father that didn't want me (and was never there).

I signed up for second life because it looked fun and after playing it for a while, i wanted to pay into the game:
to contribute towards the labs and to be able to tip and reward people (to have an even more fun experience).

now i'm having my money taken from me and my account removed for nothing i've done and for nothing i can do.

• Administrators

Hey there!

If you are experiencing an issue with your account being on hold, please submit an Abuse Appeal case by visiting: https://support.secondlife.com/

However, if you already have an existing case that is open regarding your account, you will need to refer to that case for further assistance or if you have any questions or concerns as we cannot address such issues on the forums.

Thanks!

• Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.