Tooback

Interview with a Prostitute

I've been chatting with the sex girls that regularly advertise their services in sl,  As a public service I am going to summarize my findings for everyone who is interested.  For those interested in the science behind my findings I used two methods to interview my subjects: cold and hot.  As we all know people rarely tell the truth so I devised a method to compare answers:  1) the cold group:  I chat with the prostitute but do not engage her services and 2)  the hot group:  I hire the prostitute for an hour and after about 30 minutes of hot chat and the public declaration of an orgasm or two by the prostitute who then insists on a bit of a rest, I ask them questions.

One of the first questions I would ask the prostitute why they do it.  

The cold answers to why they became a prostitute break down into three broad categories.

1)  It's a job, they do it for money and that's it.

2) They like sex, why not get paid for it.

3) They have regulars that keep throwing money at them so they continue to see their regulars but wish they would go away.

The cold answers to why are you a prostitute is usually the same:  

They get turned on by someone offering me money for sex.

How does it work?  Most successful prostitutes have two or three regulars they see but they do not see them everyday, usually once or twice a week or sometimes less.

They can usually pick up one or two stray customers a day but most do not return.

Regulars come and go.

Some of the prostitutes talked about their customers like they were their pets and it seemed a lot of them were on a real ego trip with repeat customers.  These guys sound sort of pathetic because the prostitute will say they love them to keep them happy.

How much can you make?  About 40,000 Linden a month if you have a good client base and work everyday.

• Confused 1

People are always interested in this subject so it's for those who are interested in the lifestyle.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tooback said:

People are always interested in this subject so it's for those who are interested in the lifestyle.  

start a yellow press blog then ;)

Why yellow?  This beautiful lady from Russia reported on this subject in the General Discussion Second and was warmly greeted for her works.

I wasn't around back then :P

... seriously, times might have changed - who knows if they even had an adult section back then... Community Participation Guidelines might have changed since back then... it might have simply not been reported ... we will never know ...

Edited by Fionalein

If you feel the need to call the authorities please do not hesitate.  

41 minutes ago, Tooback said:

For those interested in the science behind my findings

...raises her hand!

42 minutes ago, Tooback said:

I used two methods to interview my subjects: cold and hot

Got it. Cold and hot.

42 minutes ago, Tooback said:

As we all know people rarely tell the truth

I don't know that. Be careful with absolutes.

44 minutes ago, Tooback said:

The cold answers to why they became a prostitute break down into three broad categories.

The cold answers to why are you a prostitute is usually the same:  

I presume the second set of answers (there was really only one) came from the hot group. Proofread your posts before submitting them.

47 minutes ago, Tooback said:

As a public service I am going to summarize my findings for everyone who is interested. 

Hey, I can do that, too!

I detected no science in your study and errors in your summary.

While I don't know that people rarely tell the truth, I do have a functioning BS detector. You're pegging it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Madeline:  All good points,  I would like to response. 

There was some science going on here but as you correctly noted,  I failed to properly summarize my findings.  For example, why did the cold group tell me they had 10 regulars and the hot group tell me they had 2 or 3?  There is something going on there.

Regarding the statement "As we know, people rarely tell the truth":  that is not an absolute statement and it is true.  Another discussion maybe?

1 hour ago, Tooback said:

As we all know people rarely tell the truth

That's not true.

2 minutes ago, Tooback said:

As we know, people rarely tell the truth

That's not what you originally said.

4 minutes ago, Tooback said:

Another discussion maybe?

Nope.

• Like 3

As we all know people rarely tell the truth.  That's what I said.  Read the original post.

Madeline: I think you might be lying to yourself when you say that's not true.

If people really rarely told the truth, civilization would collapse under the weight of everyone disbelieving everything they are told, and everything they read.

Truth has always been held up as a virtue because otherwise nothing works. 

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 2

If people rarely tell the truth, am I to assume that what you told us in your opening post is a lie? 

If not, why would I assume that this is one of your rare moments of truth?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tooback said:

As we all know people rarely tell the truth.  That's what I said.  Read the original post.

Madeline: I think you might be lying to yourself when you say that's not true.

You can't really assume that people rarely tell the truth, I would like to hear your grounds for claiming this.  

You see, our experiences in RL and SL, deal with a extremely small group of people that are not representative of the whole of humanity. Even if we are one of those people who have "loads" of friends and meet "loads" of people. You are still really only numbering in the hundreds and in some cases between 1 - 2000 people that they have actually met and had a reasonable conversation with, aka more than a few sentences, in their entire lives to date. There are BILLIONS of people alive on the earth today. Even if you take in the actions of politicians, world leaders, morons on youtube who fake their content, you are still only adding maybe 10-20 people that you realistically know of to that total. And unless you find irrefutable solid proof that what a person is saying or doing is a lie....you are still only basing your conception on your own hear say. Not actual fact.

Not everyone in the world is a deceptive individual that is looking to pull the wool over your eyes. People lie and they lie all the time but that doesn't mean "people rarely tell the truth". I myself only lie if I have to, my father was a seriously abusive a-hole who used lying and deception as part of his tool kit, I made a decision at a young age that I didn't want to turn out like that so actively chose not to. Yet I have a friend in RL who lies through her back teeth about knowing how to code in certain languages when in reality she has a minimal amount of knowledge on the subject and struggled grasp the concept of an 'if' statement when I explained it to her and thinks she's an I.T tech because she can replace the screen and battery on a phone and tells people so. The point of telling you this however is to show you that people are varied, so so so varied in who they are. The experiences we draw from those we meet that give us our "worldly knowledge" in reality come from a tiny insignificant amount of people who have no actual bearing on the other 6+ billion people that are alive on the earth today. Sure people lie but they don't "rarely tell the truth"

Edited by chibiusa Ling
  • Like 1

How noble of you, to do us the public service of engaging in adult activities with sex workers for half an hour and then chatting to them. Whatever would we do without your equally brave and brilliant efforts?

You don't seem to understand much about the subject yourself, though. You don't even seem comfortable conducting a simple but proper study. Here, you wouldn't pass a middle school* assignment with the effort you put into that.

First of all, the 'proper' term isn't 'sex girl' or 'prostitute', it's 'sex worker' - what words you use in private doesn't much matter, but if you want to present your study, using the correct terminology is most certainly required. Your 'scientific' approach is flaky at best; you presume that those who will not be paid will lie to you (after all, they're just street walkers and the only language they understand is money, huh?), but you likewise assume that they will be more truthful if you purchase - and use - their services? What on earth is the scientific basis for this? Do you really think that investigative journalists run around bribing people all day, every day, because only then will people be honest? 

And what do you mean by 'three broad categories'? How broad? How many people did you interview? What are the statistics - you know, the CONCLUSION of your 'study'? 

Instead, this ...

4 hours ago, Tooback said:

Some of the prostitutes talked about their customers like they were their pets and it seemed a lot of them were on a real ego trip with repeat customers.  These guys sound sort of pathetic because the prostitute will say they love them to keep them happy.

... Well, I suppose that clears any and all doubt of whether you're able to do an objective study. No, these are your subjective conclusions that are of absolutely no interest to anyone. You're accusing the participants of your study of 'ego tripping' and call their customers 'pathetic'? 

4 hours ago, Tooback said:

How much can you make?  About 40,000 Linden a month if you have a good client base and work everyday.

There's a huge spectrum of earnings for sex workers in SL, and it's not so much an issue of 'how much' you work, but 'what you do'. Pole dancers, which is often where people get into the adult industry, can make anything from a few hundred L$ in several hours of work to thousands of L$ in a 1-2 hour session, depending on several factors ranging from venue traffic, venue clientele, the dancers' avatar quality, apparel - but most of all, attitude and emoting. Same goes for pixel bumping - you've got AFK sex sims where people don't even always pay, or you can come back to a few thousand L$ after a few hours (this topic has been discussed thoroughly as of late, and there are several blog posts on the subject). Then you've got your voice/cam girls, your text-only pixel bumpers, whose earnings again are largely based on their skilfulness and their clientele but tend to have a more stable income than dancers and AFK'ers. At the high-end, I know people who can charge L$20,000 per hour for their services, and who make a real life living out of it - so your number feels entirely pulled out of thin air. 

To conclude:

Bildresultat för you know nothing gif

*Middle school - referring to the system we have here; 4-6th grade, i.e. 9-12 years of age.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Tooback said:

People are always interested

not at all, and for sure not in a section thats meant to be general content.
I have nothing against subjects that contribite to something... but this doesn't.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Tooback said:

I once made 30,000 in a month dancing everyday, but who wants to spend all thier time in SL working?

Also, the idea that somehow there would be a difference in honesty between a potential customer, the guy who is just chatting, and an actual customer, the guy who pays for the service, is naive. Sex workers, in RL or SL, are selling a fantasy, and the answers to your questions are a part of that fantasy, every guy is the best ever, because that is what they are paying to hear.

Edited by Talligurl
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Tooback said:

No.

75561B58-801B-46D7-8F09-DF2919B13FF4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

20 hours ago, Tooback said:

As a public service I am going to summarize my findings for everyone who is interested. 

Oh, where would we be without our everyday heroes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

If people really rarely told the truth, civilization would collapse under the weight of everyone disbelieving everything they are told, and everything they read.

Truth has always been held up as a virtue because otherwise nothing works. 

Feeling guilty?

22 hours ago, Tooback said:

Madeline:  All good points,  I would like to response. 

There was some science going on here but as you correctly noted,  I failed to properly summarize my findings.  For example, why did the cold group tell me they had 10 regulars and the hot group tell me they had 2 or 3?  There is something going on there.

Regarding the statement "As we know, people rarely tell the truth":  that is not an absolute statement and it is true.  Another discussion maybe?

Since you were wasting the time of the girls you didn't hire, why didn't you offer to pay them something for taking the time to talk to you. They probably lied just to get rid of you faster.

I know I would have