Second Life = "Barbie Doll game for adults"?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:27 AM, Gopi Passiflora said:

The male human and non-human avatars are more like "Boy Toys" or "action figures" to me, though, rather than dress-up dolls.

Wait a second..."action figures" are just dress-up dolls like Barbie.  But with camo clothes and guns, instead of sequins and heels.

I like playing dress up with my avatar; I think I spend maybe a quarter of my time in SL doing that.  Maybe more, if you count shopping, unpacking, assembling a new outfit, and then showing it off at a club or with friends.  But there's lots of other stuff to do, too!  It's sort of like RL that way; we spend a lot of time and money on clothes, personal appearance, beauty products...all to look good to ourselves and others while we are doing the other things in our lives.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Wait a second..."action figures" are just dress-up dolls like Barbie.  But with camo clothes and guns, instead of sequins and heels.

Here I am in a sequins and heels, ready to strafe an unsuspecting resident.2024147586_FlyingCougar.thumb.jpg.95743f04ca16934de082aea08aec053c.jpg

Sometimes sequins and heels are camo. And the effect can be more deadly than guns.

• Like 2

Playing dress up isn't the main reason i log but to suggest an avatar is akin to a Barbie i would agree it's only one part of SL though. it's better than a Barbie or Sindy doll. I like having nice clobber to wear and shopping for things. I tend to wear things until i get tired of wearing them so i don't play dress up daily. despite having lots of things to wear sometimes i feel like i have nothing to wear and spend ages trying to decide what to put on other times i'll just go with something new

On 1/22/2019 at 6:18 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

I never cut my Barbie's hair. I launched her across the yard with a trebuchet, or hurled her skyward in model rockets (which left her rather sooty and stinky), wrapped in parachutes I sewed myself. Fetching her back often required climbing skills or tremendous patience, with leaves and bodies falling from the trees in autumn. I dropped her from kites, also wrapped in parachutes,  accidentally drowning one in Lake Michigan. Although she was wearing a little Mae West (which in Barbie world should be called a "Barbie"), that doesn't help if the winds are carrying you 500 scale miles across a lake full of razor teethed killer whales that look a lot like Pike or Muskie.

Recalling this has me thinking that I should dig out an old Barbie, drop her from my drone, and video her potentially fatal plunge from an aerial perspective for all the world, or at least me, to see.

We moved from our old farm when I was nine, and then it was deserted for some years. My sister and her kids moved in there after she divorced her husband. Since it was our family home, her kids found some old boxes with toys I had left. They were really shocked when they found tied up and mutilated dolls, one of them with an eye gauged out and red wax from a candle dripped in to make it look like blood. They still talk about it when I meet my nephew and nieces.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.