Sign in to follow this  
MrVolatile

Need help with Mesh avatar

Question

HI I'm very new to this community and i'm trying my hand at creating a mesh avatar of bendy from bendy and the ink machine but i can't seem to get it to rig properly as i have bits of the armature mesh poking out of the thing when i'm done rigging it and on top of that most of the rigs i've tried don't even fit the thing i've tried fiddling with sizes positioning rotation i don't know if it matters if you have bits of the armature mesh sticking out or not cause i'm new to this whole avatar creation thing... any help or advice i can get would be deeply appreciated by a complete and total newblet such as myself

oh and almost forgot... i have an image of the model i'm using in case you all wanna have a look...

Untitled.png

2 answers to this question

Hey Mr.Volatile.   I do not have all the answers but I had the same problem as you with the various attempts at rigging my hands.  I found that I could move the parts of the armature to be placed inside the mesh. and then checking and adjusting the numbers to ensure that left and right were the same.  Once you upload your avatar, it will not look like your model inside BLENDER because the setting of the shape file will resize things.   That is where you then have to play with the sliders in the [Edit My Shape] window till you look like you.  I am not sure about this but from looking at my results, I get the feeling that Second Life positions the bones to where it wants them even if you move them in BLENDER.

4-0.jpg

bikini large_002.png

I suggest you watch these tutorials. Gaia makes AvaStar (Blender addon) and a bunch of tutorials: https://vimeo.com/212328220  You can do these things without AvaStar. It is more complex but doable. I've found the time savings from using AvaStar is worth more than the cost of AvaStar.

Medhue makes lots of avatars for SL. His video is based on AvaStar.