First vs now challenge

Karina Leborski

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everybody! Do you still have an old dusty  folder on your PC with the memories of the very first steps in SL? I propose to post here 2 screenshots - the first one is the very first screenshot you made in  SL vs now. "Now"  should be similar to the first, preferably in the same location,  with similar clothes, hair, pose, etc. I go first!

Moscow2009-2019.png

• Like 14

The clothes I wore in 2007 won't work on my mesh body (and I really don't want anything that looked like most of that stuff) and so many of the places back then are not around now.  However, after much digging through old computer files, I did manage to find what I think is one of the first pictures I ever took in SL and one that I took roughly a week ago.

1124024591_20190121-ThenandNow.thumb.jpg.cc99dc4e605fb0bee2ca69894e32b894.jpg

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 12

I joined in 2015, bu tit took me a while   to move past the basic classic avi. Not   sure the exact date of  this picture but i is pretty early in my adventure, no tattoos yet. The location is  the  same, the place has changed as much as I have, and the difference between an ocean and  a lake is due  to differences   in draw distance not the addition of land, it was there  back then i just didn't have the computer set so you could  see it.

1.24_001.png

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 10

2006 (first account): This was literally my actual first day ever in SL, at Braunworth Infohub. System everything. Not a single prim on me.

firstday.jpg.45fd8ddeb0a651b901e4efdb75e4e475.jpg

And now, 2019, with my "standard" look.  It's deliberately pretty much the same as 2006, just with a quality upgrade and one hand fewer: I went back to Braunworth, for nostalgia's sake, but that old cobbled road is gone.

190124_003s.thumb.png.87e6909ffaea4ddd3060070accaa0df4.png

The fog is gone too. Whyy??? Braunworth isn't Braunworth without the fog!

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 13

I joined in 2008. Didn't start taking pictures until later. The oldest I have, that I can find today, is early 2009.

First2Latest2019.thumb.jpg.ca4fa12e7e0cf7fb7ff8ecbd22b91184.jpg

The red eyes were a carry-over from Myst-Online. The appearance editor was way limited compared to SL. So, the red eyes set my avatar appart.

I've recently added the GA.EG eyes, to my Jennifer head.

• Like 11

So this first photo was taken 6 days after I had first joined SL back in 2013, and I was recruited by a Bloodlines clan. There's no way for me to go back to that place in the picture since it doesn't exist anymore, and I don't think I even wear clothes like that anymore either. xD I've changed so much!

MwiWB8q.png

vs now

PZwZl7h.jpg

32882263598_d4b816b485_o.png

• Like 13

16 hours ago, Pandora Zsun said:

This is a fun idea xD I had more pictures taken but they're all on my old computer :/. But I do remember starting a blog back in 2015 so I just cropped a picture from there lol.

thenVnow.png

I really love the look of your avatar. Super cute! 😊

• Like 2

On 1/28/2019 at 1:52 AM, Skiler Nitely said:

This is interesting.  I started to recreate some of my favorite pictures from my earlier days.  This was one of my first profile pictures I did myself.  I couldn't get the WL settings to match, but I like the softer grey tones better with my current complexion.

1515405831_Skiler6-15-10ProfilePic3.png.1e5d6521dd105442bfc29f87d3e3f540.png59299614_Sky12_26.20182.thumb.png.05f60a6d229dc8b59522c8261a1f566a.png

Nice pose. Is the water standard water or some other setting? The water has improved too, then.

It is easy to see how the mesh body is better. The hands especially, but the whole body. And how the hair went through the body like needles. I miss flexi hair sometimes, but rigged hair has benefits, that is for sure.

I've not been in SL as long as some of you so I suspect the change won't be as drastic. If anything I think it shows how much better I've gotten at photograpy in that time. Still, my avatar definitely does look better and I've since upgraded to a mesh head (Catwa Steffi), which really makes my eyes pop. 

For those who are interested I use the Tweenster avatar. 

The and now.png

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.