Rissinia

Long term story role players?

Are there any role players out there that like to continue one story line and not just end the role play when they leave an area? I seem to run into a lot of people that just pop into a scene role play and then when they leave the scene the role play ends for them and they go onto a different area. For me i like dragging out a story line for as long as can with one person with note cards so we can keep track of what was said for the role play. I used to create long stories as a kid on MSN messenger that way with a friend and it was alot of fun. For second life tho is this even a thing? Or am i just doomed to wonder around looking for people on a sim hoping they will start a quick role play with me and create a scene before getting board and moving on to something else. I know with role play especially in a role play sim things can move semi fast and with alot of people in one area role playing in say a diner, and i am there trying to put in my two sense to the scene it can feel rather intimidating with so much chat going on all at once. Even with the rule of waiting for someone to post there line i still feel almost overwhelmed trying to keep up since i have dyslexia and i typo pretty bad because im having to erase things i wrote when i flip a few letters around in my words. tho i'm sure typing fast doesn't help me either but i have to type fast to try to keep up. I've run into people that have no patients to wait for my post and if i haven't posted within five minutes they get board and ditch. Least with Note cards i can slow down and think about how i want the scene to play out if the other person and i role play with, we are on the same page for the story we create. So far tho the Note card way i have only met one other person that likes to role play that way. 

Thoughts and feedback? Please be kind! thanks     

I do this 😀 usually via passing notecards back and forth and, when stars and timezones align, doing a scene in costume in a conducive sim in SL. Sometimes these notecards were in the form of letters written from one character to the other, or just taking turns in the narration of a scene. If I am not able to be online for a while, I can go back and read and pick up where we left off easily. 

I've not come across any communities that do this regularly, so I'd say just find some individuals who like to rp this way and set up your own group.

I would love to get into this again. I used to do forum style roleplay on bb forums back before I discovered SL and I do miss it sometimes! 

• Like 1

cool, thanks for the reply guys! if anyone wants to IM me inworld feel free to :) id love to have someone to RP with again! Also please if you find my profile to read my google forms links that are in my profile pics, they have all the information/ my rules on my RP style and what i like and don't like. 

Edited by Rissinia

A bit confused about the 'end the roleplay when you leave the area' part. Cause yeah when you RP in a sim you will likely eventually have to leave. Because you need to sleep or make dinner in RL or even go shopping inworld for more RP outfits and whatnot. That doesn't mean the storyline ends. Next time you're available and go back to the roleplay sim you'll pick up the same character and and maybe go play with the same people again. Or new people, cause no one likes cliques. 😛

But it sucks if people aren't willing to wait for you to post or can't forgive a few spelling mistakes. That's definitely one of the downsides of roleplaying in real time unfortunately. I've gotten used to it now but I always found it intimidating when I first moved to chat RP from forum RP. 

Either way, good luck! Hope you find some good RP buddies. Roleplay can be done in an endless number of ways, so don't give up.