Male Avatar - Omega Skins

Erick726

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm curious if I'm doing this correctly as I can't get it to work with the demo skins. I have the Slink male body and the Adam bento head (I may buy the Catwa I actually wanted in the future but it's expensive). I can't get the skins to match so I bought the Omega applier for the Slink body and Adam/Eve meshes and have both attached. I've been trying skin demos (Straydogs and such) to see what would look nice but nothing is applying. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you.

I'm not sure about the Adam Omega relay, but the Slink one needs to be installed before use. Add the Slink Omega Installer (it will appear in a HUD slot on your screen) and click it. You should see some text in local chat, to the tune of "thank you for installing Omega" (or something like that). Next, add the Adam Omega HUD. If it says 'installer' you'll need to do the same thing as with the Slink one, but if it says 'relay' then you just need to be wearing that HUD whenever you apply Omega items onto the Adam head.

Just to clarify, when you say you have "the Omega applier for Slink and Adam/Eve" you mean this (Slink) and this (Adam), yes?

Yes those are the exact two that I have along with a Slink body and Adam head. Could you recommend something that would fit my needs or point me in the right direction?

Also: how do I blend the neck to the body so it looks natural? Found some adam and eve Omegas that works for the head and body but they don't match exactly.

Edited by Erick726
  • Like 1

I'll do my best, although I'm not familiar with the Adam head. (I own it; I've just never used it!) I've had a look at the listing for the Adam (Absolut Creations) Omega HUD and it appears to be a relay, so in order to apply Omega skins to your current Adam/Slink combination:

• Wear the Slink Omega HUD and click it to install Omega into the Slink body. (You can remove the HUD after that, but if you ever make a copy of the body, or redeliver it you'll need to reinstall Omega, so keep the HUD for it.)
  • Wear the Adam Omega HUD and keep it on while you try on the skins. The Adam HUD is a relay, so it must be worn each time you try on Omega items. It can be removed once everything is applied.

Now onto your neck-matching issues. As I mentioned, I'm unfamiliar with the Adam head (I'm a CSR for Catwa, so that's my speciality), but some basic troubleshooting tips would be as follows:

1. Make sure you're demoing both head and body skin from the same skin designer and in the same skin tone.
  2. Turn off any neck fixes (also known as neck sheaths) on both head and body. (In your case, the Slink body doesn't have a neck fix, but the Adam head might.)
  3. Check the HUDs for both body and head to ensure that you don't have any glossiness/shine enabled. This can cause what look like colour-mismatches if you have Advanced Lighting enabled in your graphics preferences, and you only have gloss/shine enabled on either body OR head.
  4. Reset both body and head base colour to white. Often when someone first gets a mesh head they try to tint the default skintone to match their mesh or system body (and vice versa with a mesh body). And then, when they come to trying on applier skins they forget that they'd previously tinted. Look for a 'skin RGB' option and input 255,255,255 if you find one.
  5. Use a mesh body friendly Windlight setting, such as [NB] Alpine Skinlight RGB, or Nam's Optimal Skin & Prim (both found in Firestorm viewer). I know some people don't like having a brightly-lit always-day setting, but the default lighting can be very harsh and highlights neck join issues. In Catwa group we recommend a bright Windlight at least for checking that your skin matches.
16 hours ago, Erick726 said:

Could you recommend something that would fit my needs or point me in the right direction?

Omega head appliers are a bit of a minefield, since many mesh head creators map their heads differently. An Omega applier that was created to work best on a Lelutka head might look slightly odd on a Catwa head, for example.

Off the top of my head I can only think of the 7 Deadly Skins store, which offers all-in-one Omega appliers for men. (There will be more out there, but because of that head-mapping issue, they're fairly rare, outside the realms of those who create fantasy skins). Be aware that 7 Deadly Skins doesn't offer browless versions of their male skins (unlike their female ones) so you won't be able to use your own brows, if you find some that you prefer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Male Omega skins for the head is like unicorns. So rare. LL promised us Bakes on Mesh, maybe that will help with the present situation, almost all skins made for Catwa.

BoM won't help with that issue, I'm afraid - the UV maps will have the same alignment issues regardless of how you put the texture on there.

31 minutes ago, Orwar said:

BoM won't help with that issue, I'm afraid - the UV maps will have the same alignment issues regardless of how you put the texture on there.

Exactly. I archived all of my hundreds of old system skins, so when the inital BoM viewer went into Beta (with the Omega workaround) I unboxed them all and tried them out. Out of all those hundreds of skins I found precisely ONE designer (Tableau Vivant) that mapped perfectly on the Catwa head I was using. All of the others were slightly 'off' in some way.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Exactly. I archived all of my hundreds of old system skins, so when the inital BoM viewer went into Beta (with the Omega workaround) I unboxed them all and tried them out. Out of all those hundreds of skins I found precisely ONE designer (Tableau Vivant) that mapped perfectly on the Catwa head I was using. All of the others were slightly 'off' in some way.

Did you try the Omega workaround for LeLutka Andrea?

The OP has Adam head. Its mapping might be closer to the original maps. To be blunt, Catwa head users already have a lot of skins. They are not in lack of options.

It is more that maybe the smaller brands can use system skins and be a realistic choice. As it has been before BoM, I could not recommend any other than Catwa if the male avatar wanted a special look, like Asian, African American or very pale freckled Caucasian. Omega skins for females is more common.

On the other side, so many creators has pulled their system skins.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.