Mesh clothes/Alpha

conilmionome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Still looking for help from you! Could you tell me what I need to do to prevent EVERY mesh dress I wear give me the hole / tear effect on some part of my body, leaving visible parts of skin? It happens even if I wear the alpha supplied with the eventual dress. Thank you!

Edited by conilmionome

Supplied alpha suggests you are still using the system body if that is the case you need to try a larger size if included or adjust you shape to fit the clothes. If you ever decide to go mesh clothing for the particular body you go for will almost always fit right you may need to use the supplied alpha HUD to hide body parts

If I'm understanding correctly, wearing a dress causes your body to auto-hide parts of itself, which you don't want? If that's the case, there's most likely no way for you to prevent that.

Edit: Oh wait, you want to prevent "holes" AKA clipping of the dress through your body. My answer below is the same, just instead of deleting scripts, you can't add a script that does it. The mesh body creator has provided a way in the HUD to hide your body whenever needed.

This is caused by a script in the dress talking to the body, telling it what to do. To prevent it, either the creator must have provided their own way to disable that feature of the dress, or you must be able to delete the script from the dress.

I think being able to remove the script is out of the question because this is for one of the popular human mesh bodies, which almost all have a paranoid "never allow customization" mindset.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

I think this is a good tutorial for Signature Gianni. It covers a lot about the HUD and how to use appliers.

And how to use the built in alphas in the body, go to 22 minutes. I think this is your issue here, you use the alpha layer, but instead you must use the built in alpha layer cuts in the body itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI7wjnR6Z0g

Edit: It is in Spanish (sigh) but the images is good.

Edit 2: I found one in English. Look at it from 1 minute and 37 seconds.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.