Jump to content
Mannttra

New player with some questions

Recommended Posts

Hey all, I’m fairly new to SL (1 month or so) and looking to get more involved.  I’m generally interested in the casual hookup scene with an occasional voice escort thrown into the mix.  Two questions for those with a bit more experience.

First, is there anything like an escort or club review source?  My experience with escorts is pretty mixed, but I do like variety and would like to avoid paying for a bad experience.  I’ve found prices and sim traffic don’t necessarily indicate quality.  Would really appreciate if someone can give some advice.

Second, I’m looking for a place to rent a house, furnished or unfurnished, in an adult sim with an active casual hookup community, with probably an active public hangout as well.  Was hoping some of you could offer some suggestions for rental areas that fit that bill as I haven’t found a really great place to live yet.

Thanks so much to anyone who can help me out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No there is not really any public review source of the the clubs or escort services so you kind of have to go and look around and talk to people there and see what they say then listen to your gut feelings.

Search in the land forums for a place, not really sure of any one sim that might fit what you are wanting. you might have to have a home in one sim and travel to one or more other sims for your casual hookups.

some of the rental sims dont have a club or bar in the sim, they focus just on rentals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 7:13 PM, Mannttra said:

but I do like variety and would like to avoid paying for a bad experience.  I’ve found prices and sim traffic don’t necessarily indicate quality

What someone else would call "amazing" or "that was the time of my life", you maybe will find boring or overpriced.

On 1/18/2019 at 7:13 PM, Mannttra said:

Second, I’m looking for a place to rent a house, furnished or unfurnished, in an adult sim with an active casual hookup community, with probably an active public hangout as well.  

-Your appartment is unlocked - hookers will use your bedroom.
-Your appartment is locked by ban lines or an orb - Hookers will search for a better place with available bedrooms.

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
typo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I quite like urban scenes/settings. There are quite a number I have seen which, in addition to providing facilities for casual visitors to do each other, often subsidise their own costs by renting out houses and/or apartments.

One adult place springs to mind - Barnesville City - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Jackstone/65/221/2524

They have unfurnished apartments from L$35 per week w/ 40 prims, or L$50+ per week w/ 50 prims.

Outsiders cannot enter a rented property, nor can they see the resident/s inside, but they can scan around inside to see how you spent your pervy prim allowance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For escorts, it's a hit or miss and also most of the escorting clubs fake their traffic by having either bots or those vaults with lots of random people around it trying to earn some linden. Clubs are expensive, if you want a cheap escort find a freelance venue like Escort Oasis or other adult sims. AFK sims offer cheap options but not really a lot of interaction, unless you're lucky enough to find someone there.

I'm currently renting on an adult community called 'Morningwood', I went there because I know it's quite active and they seem to have events often, but there is definitely a lot of hook ups going on, you might find people in there, but keep in mind that unless your avatar is updated, finding a free hookup might not be so easy.

There is also a discord server for voice plays, I don't know the link because I never joined it I just heard about it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cost is less of a concern than quality.  I’ve stuck to the clubs just because I feel like there’s a minimum standard you won’t see with freelance in the hubs, but maybe I’m doing it wrong?

I’ve also seen that escort connection hub which is pure adboards, but haven’t pulled the trigger.  Curious if you guys think that is a good option or other locations I could check out.

Thanks for the replies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mannttra said:

I feel like there’s a minimum standard you won’t see with freelance in the hubs, but maybe I’m doing it wrong?

What standard? Things like a maitreya mesh body, mesh head ,fitmesh clothes and a spanker attached?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

a spanker attached

This is a non optional requirement of course!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While the eye candy is nice, it’s not really the pull for me.  Quality to me means that she does an excellent job emoting or voicing the experience. Sounds or seems like she is engaged and having a good time.  Stuff like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give the Chi Tau city sim a look.  While there might not be much in the way of rentals available, it's definitely a good place for casual hookups.  It's not escort based, it's more of an immersive RP sim where people get together just for the fun of it.  As the RP goes, you don't have to come up with a deep or involved story, just keep the talk in local rather than in IM's, and keep it focused on SL rather than RL.

The community is active, and friendly...there will be some information available in the entry hub when you arrive, but talking to any of the members and asking some questions helps as well.  It's an open community, welcoming to pretty much everyone - the only people who don't do well there are the disrespectful ones, as the admins do a great job of taking care of the place. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never heard of it... Instead of let yourself be guided by other people's opinion, that are so diverse, maybe it's better to:

1. Check person's profile and Picks. It talks a lot and can give you a good idea, I bet you do it already.
2. In some cases, ask for their notecard with detailed informations. For paraRP and anyone who likes tons of text, It's a must.
3. Most important: chat. It shows a lot about how that person emotes/interacts, if she is too quiet or talkative, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 7:13 PM, Mannttra said:

First, is there anything like an escort or club review source?  

Not that I know of, but its a great idea for another blogpost! Thanks.

Oh, and if you want to "throw an experienced text escort in the mix", contact me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, carolinestravels said:

Not that I know of, but its a great idea for another blogpost! Thanks.

Oh, and if you want to "throw an experienced text escort in the mix", contact me!

Please do!  I started going by price but I find it’s not particularly informative.  Highlighting great providers would be great for them and great for customers, but you need a trusted source (like yourself!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 4:13 AM, Mannttra said:

Hey all, I’m fairly new to SL (1 month or so) and looking to get more involved.  I’m generally interested in the casual hookup scene with an occasional voice escort thrown into the mix.  Two questions for those with a bit more experience.

First, is there anything like an escort or club review source?  My experience with escorts is pretty mixed, but I do like variety and would like to avoid paying for a bad experience.  I’ve found prices and sim traffic don’t necessarily indicate quality.  Would really appreciate if someone can give some advice.

Second, I’m looking for a place to rent a house, furnished or unfurnished, in an adult sim with an active casual hookup community, with probably an active public hangout as well.  Was hoping some of you could offer some suggestions for rental areas that fit that bill as I haven’t found a really great place to live yet.

Thanks so much to anyone who can help me out!

Look up Vila Mimosa or Tiki Town both are pretty active 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...