Close up portraits

jeaneos7

Tsuki Effects a bit darker

My highlights are blown, but it was from a pic I took on the fly, as usual, of a friend with a friend. It's cropped, so only she is in the pic now. No chance to adjust lighting.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

I don't go much outside of "Art, Music, and Photography". I was posting mainly in response to Karen up there. 

Free lesson in spelling for you.

J-O-R-D-A-N 

I can't help you with your lack of manners.

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 3

On 11/2/2021 at 9:49 AM, Jerilyn Acajou said:

51625115230_826b4533ac_k.jpg

Gorgeous portrait, Jerilyn! And really pretty avi!

I love the colours and the lighting, but also the facial expression. My friend @Madelaine McMasters convinced me some time ago that expressions are most "realistic" and interesting if they are a bit asymmetrical -- a slightly lopsided smile, for instance. I'm not sure if it was an AO, or a pose, or even just an accident of the angle and shot, but you've got that happening here, and it makes your face come alive. Really beautiful!

• Like 5

Facial symmetry and averageness are associated with beauty, but asymmetry and atypicality arouse interest and curiosity. One reason for that is that we seem to convey emotion through asymmetric facial expressions which reveal an underlying neural asymmetry in the processing of emotion.

I agree that @Jerilyn Acajou's avi has a very pretty face, but it's her animated profile pic that really makes me smile.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Facial symmetry and averageness are associated with beauty, but asymmetry and atypicality arouse interest and curiosity. One reason for that is that we seem to convey emotion through asymmetric facial expressions which reveal an underlying neural asymmetry in the processing of emotion.

I agree that @Jerilyn Acajou's avi has a very pretty face, but it's her animated profile pic that really makes me smile.

And let this be an important lesson, kids.

If you say her name three times, she appears in a flash of fire and a puff of smoke.

Be prepared! Have a fire extinguisher handy!

Only YOU can prevent Madelaine McMasters!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And let this be an important lesson, kids.

If you say her name three times, she appears in a flash of fire and a puff of smoke.

Be prepared! Have a fire extinguisher handy!

Only YOU can prevent Madelaine McMasters!

You didn't warn people about what happens if they don't mention Maddy.

• Haha 5