Close up portraits

jeaneos7

41 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Most definitely. Unless you are an optometrist.

Well, I'm actually being semi-serious here. My crop was hurried, but it conveys a different feeling than your close up. I'll argue that a depiction of nothing more than an eye can still speak volumes.

ETA: I just remembered. I have images of my iris and retina, obtained from my optometrist. I'd planned to print one on canvas and hang it in my RL home.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
better wording

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Well, I'm actually being semi serious here. My crop was hurried, but it conveys a different feeling than your close up. I'll argue that a photograph of nothing more than an eye can still speak volumes.

I think that's probably true.

But then no one would be able to admire how very very bootiful I am.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Well, I'm actually being semi-serious here. My crop was hurried, but it conveys a different feeling than your close up. I'll argue that a depiction of nothing more than an eye can still speak volumes.

The windows to the soul?  

50901288583_8e0862e577_c (1).jpg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

Excerpt from "Thoughts Of Your Light". I was trying to capture a look of deep thought but I'm not thinking I pulled it off effectively.

Snapshot_393 Closeup.png

Well... I think you sort of pulled it off. Depending on the type of thought you had in mind. It comes across as striking.

If asked what I thought was going on with you in the image, I would have said you were considering someone's proposition... rather coolly...  Still, it is serious thought. So... I think you did it.

Going with just the facial expression to clue the viewer is a challenge. Brave.

I took an easier approach and added some body language to accomplish something similar.

51058827993_c0e09ea9f5_b.jpg

I used Black Dragon to alter the facial expression. That gave me detailed control over the head's position, eyes, and mouth.

Later I used Photoshop's Puppet Poser to fix some things, like the arm floating over the knee, I missed when taking the shot and to enhance some of the facial shadows.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
Adding...
  • Like 7

• 5 weeks later...