Captured on secondlife

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, MRSCANDIREDBONE said:

Idk if set one up is thing so do I just remove collar 

try typing RED in local chat.  I think that is the safeword if you haven't set your own.

Turning off RLV in the viewer, relogging and removing the collar might be possible.  I don't know if your collar has been locked by you or another.  Then maybe best to research collar commands and how to set up owners and restrictions so you can't get locked and left again unless that is how you want it to act

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo

7 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

try typing RED in local chat.  I think that is the safeword if you haven't set your own.

Turning off RLV in the viewer, relogging and removing the collar might be possible.  I don't know if your collar has been locked by you or another.  Then maybe best to research collar commands and how to set up owners and restrictions so you can't get locked and left again unless that is how you want it to act

I know not click yes no more on collar stuff lol lucky I had it set as im owner entire collar

Edited by MRSCANDIREDBONE
  • Like 1

Candi,

Escaping is very easy, once you understand how these things work.

Some collars work without "RLV" (more about this in a moment.)  These collars have an "escape" option in their menu.  They are very easy to get out of, but submissives who "run away" from their mistresses/masters will not be given a second chance.  It's considered an insult.

Most collars work with a system called "RLV".  This stands for "Restrained Love Viewer", which is a third party SL viewer.  RLV functions are also included in most other third party viewers, like Firestorm.  You enable RLV in your viewer Preferences.  Once you have enabled RLV, and then allowed someone to collar you, it's harder to escape...but it can still be done, in four different ways.

• Log off, and then log back in with the official Second Life viewer.  The standard viewer does not have RLV.  Now you can take off the collar like any other attachment.
  • In your viewer Preferences, find the setting for "RLV" or "RLVa".  In Firestorm, it's in the Firestorm tab of Preferences.  Uncheck the box.  Now log off, and log back in.  Remove the collar.
  • Some RLV collars also have an "escape" option in their menu.
  • Use a safeword (which is what you did this time.)

A lot of collars and other BDSM toys in SL are quite complicated.  READ THE NOTECARD OF INSTRUCTIONS that came with it!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Candi,

Escaping is very easy, once you understand how these things work.

Some collars work without "RLV" (more about this in a moment.)  These collars have an "escape" option in their menu.  They are very easy to get out of, but submissives who "run away" from their mistresses/masters will not be given a second chance.  It's considered an insult.

Most collars work with a system called "RLV".  This stands for "Restrained Love Viewer", which is a third party SL viewer.  RLV functions are also included in most other third party viewers, like Firestorm.  You enable RLV in your viewer Preferences.  Once you have enabled RLV, and then allowed someone to collar you, it's harder to escape...but it can still be done, in four different ways.

• Log off, and then log back in with the official Second Life viewer.  The standard viewer does not have RLV.  Now you can take off the collar like any other attachment.
  • In your viewer Preferences, find the setting for "RLV" or "RLVa".  In Firestorm, it's in the Firestorm tab of Preferences.  Uncheck the box.  Now log off, and log back in.  Remove the collar.
  • Some RLV collars also have an "escape" option in their menu.
  • Use a safeword (which is what you did this time.)

A lot of collars and other BDSM toys in SL are quite complicated.  READ THE NOTECARD OF INSTRUCTIONS that came with it!

Thanks for I fo I got out it by typing safeword red but im be sure try this too if happens again person was with at time tryed capture me on sex buffet sim aka sex sim ik odd 

Am I gonna be the one to say this? Guess so.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE CAPTURED - DON'T:

A) WEAR A RLV COLLAR. (or at least not until you've configured it to get you out of a jam if this happens again.)

B) DON'T TURN ON RLV AT ALL. (but there is a titler out there that requires RLV to be on. So be safe if you happen to buy it!)

You silly goose. :) Be careful out there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Laoise Rumsford said:

Am I gonna be the one to say this? Guess so.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE CAPTURED - DON'T:

A) WEAR A RLV COLLAR. (or at least not until you've configured it to get you out of a jam if this happens again.)

B) DON'T TURN ON RLV AT ALL. (but there is a titler out there that requires RLV to be on. So be safe if you happen to buy it!)

You silly goose. :) Be careful out there.

Thanks for adivce but im new to whole collar thing and not familiar with setup barely made it trough menu of open six collar anyways I do not always wear it just happned have it on today when thid happened 

Edited by MRSCANDIREDBONE

3 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

If I bought and wore an rlv collar simply for the looks (not into rlv/bondage, use the LL viewer) will it have any effect on me? What would a person on the rlv viewer see if I had the collar on? 

if it was a normal one the scripts are fullperm... just deactivate them

• Like 1

So you managed to put on an RLV collar, activate the RLV function in your viewer, change the access to your RLV to public and go to an adult sim with capture play ... All without at any point skimming over the basics of RLV ..?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

If I bought and wore an rlv collar simply for the looks (not into rlv/bondage, use the LL viewer) will it have any effect on me? What would a person on the rlv viewer see if I had the collar on? 

It would have no effect other than any permissions you granted via LSL scripts in the collar itself in the normal fashion of permissions. Most, if not all, collars also have an "invisible" setting (transparent) so no one would see it unless they had enabled transparency (ctrl alt t). 

RLV has to be enabled in the wearer's viewer for anyone else to be able to do anything and even then only after the wearer grants permissions. Unless of course the wearer accepted the collar from someone not a "reputable" seller.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

If I bought and wore an rlv collar simply for the looks (not into rlv/bondage, use the LL viewer) will it have any effect on me?

A lot of the collar functions work just as well without. Animation triggers, following, particle chains - those are all standard lsl features that don't depend on RLV.

But the crucial factor is that another person can't force any outfit changes unless you have rlv enabled. That means - among other things - that the colalr can't be locked so you can take it off whenever you like.

3 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

What would a person on the rlv viewer see if I had the collar on? 

They would see an avatar wearing a collar but they can't see if it's just an innocent unscripted piece of jewelry. ;)

• Thanks 1

Harsh response, incoming: RTFM and set any gear you may have up properly before going anywhere - especially any Capture oriented places.

If all you want is a pretty collar, there are plenty out there without RLV/BDSM related scripts in them. Use one.

On the side track concerning RLV and things like titlers: RLV/RLVa requires a relay of some sort - these can be independent or built into the item in question. Using a properly made titler (or in my case a Group Changer) is not going to suddenly open you up to all of the other functions RLV offers.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MRSCANDIREDBONE said:

I know not click yes no more on collar stuff

I think in the OP's defense she clicked to agree to being captured initially without realising the consequences.  Of course read the manual etc is easy in hindsight but no harm done and lesson learned.  

RLV and collars are difficult to know all the consequences of every situation, as I know from experience documented on the forums in the past.  I thought my collar was set up pretty tight and never had any issues with being captured until a noob captured me in my store on my own furniture.  A result I hadn't factored in to my restrictions.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I think in the OP's defense she clicked to agree to being captured initially without realising the consequences.  Of course read the manual etc is easy in hindsight but no harm done and lesson learned.  

RLV and collars are difficult to know all the consequences of every situation, as I know from experience documented on the forums in the past.  I thought my collar was set up pretty tight and never had any issues with being captured until a noob captured me in my store on my own furniture.  A result I hadn't factored in to my restrictions.  

I admit maybe accidentally clicked it but at time I also was doing group notices also I dont even know how set the collar up as this collar was gifted to me trough someone without instructions to it but yes I learned lesson and decided go on safe end from now on by not wearing it or using rlv anyways take care and thanks for help 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

If your collar isn't public access, and you have the relay turned off, I'm not sure what anyone will see, but no one will be able to do anything to you.

Next time you are at one of "those place"  type /1 *menu and see how many collar menus come up. You'll see the collars of anyone that has set theirs to public access.

If you did set public access, being on the LL viewer is very limited as to what access anyone could have. They could leash you, pose you, or animate you through the collar menu.

If you just want it for looks edit out all the control scripts.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
spelling
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

If your collar isn't public access, and you have the relay turned off, I'm not sure what anyone will see, but no one will be able to do anything to you.

Next time you are at one of "those place"  type /1 *menu and see how many collar menus come up. You'll see the collars of anyone that has set theirs to public access.

If you did set public access, being on the LL viewer is very limited as to what access anyone could have. They could leash you, pose you, or animate you through the collar menu.

If you just want it for looks edit out all the control scripts.

How do u even edit it or restrict stuff on collar itself as I have no klue what u mean 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.