Help! My huds stopped working(((

dementra01

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1917 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You may just be in a place that doesn't allow scripts to run. Try teleporting somewhere else - and check in the status bar at the top of the window for an icon that looks like a text document, that indicates you are in some place that restricts the functioning of scripts like those inside HUDs or scripted attachments like mesh bodies and heads 

Probably not...

There are all sorts of reasons for a HUD to stop working. First step, as Sagadin says, teleport to a different sim where scripts run. Preferably a quiet, low lag one.

If that doesn't work, try detaching them and adding them again.

Check that you haven't added another HUD that might be blocking them: HUDs often have invisible parts, and if two HUDs overlap, the covered HUD may not work properly.

Next, relog.

Still not working? If you have the original boxes, open them to get fresh copies. If not, go to the main stores for each and get redeliveries. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zennessa said:

Happens to me every now and again and I can almost never get it working again so I delete it and rez/open a fresh one. Don’t know why it even happens to begin with.. 

One thing that can cause that is being force-teleported to a region that isn't running at the time. It's also possible that the HUD's may have been detached by the server but your viewer doesn't realize it and keeps drawing them. This also can happen with teleports and region crossings.

• Thanks 2

Everyone has given you a pretty complete list, but there is one more possibility. In some crash and failed TP's the scripts get set to 'STOPPED" (Not Running) instead of 'RUNNING'. It is often easier to just get a new copy of the HUD from a backup or redelivery than fix it. 

Sometimes you can fix HUDs by right-clicking and selecting EDIT. Then in the viewer's BUILD menu item select Scripts and select Reset Scripts or Set Scripts to Running. Reset will kill some appliers permanently. Reset also generally clears out HUD presets.

• Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1917 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.