SusanPoora

Half Human Half Vampire

Hello all. I would like to get information on communities where these are happening? I'm a half breed, born in that way, and would like to get exposure on supernatural communities around in Second Life. I know bloodlines, progeny, unnatural, WoS.... I would like to know other active communities existing and also about these communities I've stated. I dont know if I can be half breed all the time, cause, i'm planning to stay that way. Adult activities are allowed, no restriction on that. Though shouldn't be fully about adult activities as for me, story is very important. I hope someone could help me out. Thanks in advance!

I think that technically LL would want all Vampire related RP marked as adult, seeing as blood and death both go under the A-rating. 

Haven't been into any 'RP sim' shenanigans in ages though, the whole 'drama muss sein' attitude most of them have I just found too repulsive to participate in, not to mention the whole 'apply through our third party website for access, and before you do please read our 100 page introduction written in such poor English a third grader would wince, and Terry Pratchett couldn't keep up with the bloody plot that we've in large part copy-pasted from anything tagged 'Vampire' we could find on the world wide web'-thing sort of made me give up. But happy hunting!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, SusanPoora said:

I would like to get information on communities where these are happening? I'm a half breed, born in that way, and would like to get exposure on supernatural communities around in Second Life. I know bloodlines, progeny, unnatural, WoS.... I would like to know other active communities existing and also about these communities I've stated.

There's also one out there that my BFF and I played for maybe a couple weeks (he stayed longer, so he would know more if you have further questions) called A-WORLD. When we started it catered mostly to Spanish-speaking players, but more English speakers were coming in. It's worth a look into! 

• Thanks 1

Pfffft.  There's no such thing as a half breed vampire.  Nor are vampires "born".

A vampire is an evil undead creature that maintains its existence by serial murder.  According to the literature, vampires are made in various ways, so we won't go into that.  The main point is that a vampire was once a living human being, and now is not.  There's no halfway about it.  Being undead, they cannot breed or engender offspring, only create other vampires from humans.

A vampire may have human qualities, though.  Barbara Hambly's wonderful "James Asher" novels illustrate this.  The ancient vampire Don Simon Ysidro develops a very human love for Doctor Lydia Asher, the wife of British secret agent James Asher.  Other vampires in the series also display some very human characteristics, including self-sacrifice; but most of them are self-centered, greedy, and pretty much completely amoral.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Pfffft.  There's no such thing as a half breed vampire.  Nor are vampires "born".

A vampire is an evil undead creature that maintains its existence by serial murder.  According to the literature, vampires are made in various ways, so we won't go into that.  The main point is that a vampire was once a living human being, and now is not.  There's no halfway about it.  Being undead, they cannot breed or engender offspring, only create other vampires from humans.

A vampire may have human qualities, though.  Barbara Hambly's wonderful "James Asher" novels illustrate this.  The ancient vampire Don Simon Ysidro develops a very human love for Doctor Lydia Asher, the wife of British secret agent James Asher.  Other vampires in the series also display some very human characteristics, including self-sacrifice; but most of them are self-centered, greedy, and pretty much completely amoral.

Objection.

'Vampire' is a very broad term, and it is said that pretty much every human culture has had vampire-like creatures in their mythologies, though the details may vary greatly. The classical vampires of Eastern Europe that are the basis for the 'modern' vampire (Strigoi and Shrtriga, Vrykolakas) are indeed undead and as far as I know there's no mythological 'half vampire' thing. The closest one can get is the Incubus/Succubus, which is a later Catholic Medieval demon; in the form of a succubus (the female form), the vampire haunt men in their dreams and... Do things to them in their sleep, and steal their seed - then they transform into the Incubus (the male form), and seek out a woman to haunt in the night to do the same, and does indeed impregnate them - however, the child is without fault stillborn, as a demon can not father a mortal child; they simply do not have a soul.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

There's no halfway about it.  Being undead, they cannot breed or engender offspring, only create other vampires from humans.

3 minutes ago, Orwar said:

The classical vampires of Eastern Europe that are the basis for the 'modern' vampire (Strigoi and Shrtriga, Vrykolakas) are indeed undead and as far as I know there's no mythological 'half vampire' thing.

So they say? Wikipedia begs to differ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Huh. That's interesting, I thought that was entirely made up for Bloodrayne. I guess my trusty vampire lexicon I got as a child wasn't so trusty - it mentioned no such thing!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Huh. That's interesting, I thought that was entirely made up for Bloodrayne. I guess my trusty vampire lexicon I got as a child wasn't so trusty - it mentioned no such thing!

The World of Darkness RPGs also picked it up as did Anime...

And I have absoliutely no idea if those Chinese  hopping vampires can have offspring ...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

There's no such thing as a half breed vampire. 

Your world, your imagination.  Her world, her imagination.

:SwingingFriends:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Objection.

'Vampire' is a very broad term, and it is said that pretty much every human culture has had vampire-like creatures in their mythologies, though the details may vary greatly. The classical vampires of Eastern Europe that are the basis for the 'modern' vampire (Strigoi and Shrtriga, Vrykolakas) are indeed undead and as far as I know there's no mythological 'half vampire' thing. The closest one can get is the Incubus/Succubus, which is a later Catholic Medieval demon; in the form of a succubus (the female form), the vampire haunt men in their dreams and... Do things to them in their sleep, and steal their seed - then they transform into the Incubus (the male form), and seek out a woman to haunt in the night to do the same, and does indeed impregnate them - however, the child is without fault stillborn, as a demon can not father a mortal child; they simply do not have a soul.

The incubus/succubus legend as I heard it has the demon using the man's seed (collected while in succubus form) to impregnate the woman (while in incubus form)  The resulting child is human, but, because of its close association with hell, is evil from birth.  (c.f. "Black Easter" by James Blish)

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Don't care.  I think people should use their imaginations in a consistent and logical way, even if it only follows fantasy logic.  So there!

But, Susan...I didn't mean to make you sad, and so I apologize.  Go thou and vamp as ye wish.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

Well, well, well...that's the first I've heard of "Dhampirs".  Unless you mean those flappers in air ducts that restrict airflow.

I suppose I must stand corrected.  But I still think that the classic Eastern European Undead Vampyre is the only true sort.  Just as I insist that Tom Baker is the One True Doctor.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Just as I insist that Tom Baker is the One True Doctor.

Christopher Eccletoooon! 

• Like 2

Woah guys, this is great. I appreciate all the inputs, trust me. This is actually what I love in the forums, all kinds of opinions and its food to my thought. There are some things I would like to have a say though:

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes, this is what I'm actually doing. Thanks for this statement, truly.

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Don't care.  I think people should use their imaginations in a consistent and logical way, even if it only follows fantasy logic.  So there!

But, Susan...I didn't mean to make you sad, and so I apologize.  Go thou and vamp as ye wish.

Well, maybe that is your POV in SL. I mean, yes, there are fantasy logic and all, but it is indeed fantasy and it is very 'creative'. Anything might be true or false, no set of proven truth to argue about. It depends on what you believe in. As for me, I'm exploring still and I'm open to all knowledge in a broad perspect without constricting myself, and I might even create some things as 'anything is possible' is my very base quote even in RL.

Creativity doesnt necessarily follows logic though, it all depends, at least according to me. For example, if Thomas Alva Edison wasnt creative enough to oppose the 'logic' at that time, where there were no electricity, we wouldnt would have electricity now. So, logic and truth, all of them are very subjective. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, SusanPoora said:

[ LOGIC AF ]

To each his (or her) own, right? I mean if you're not being a Godmoding Mary Sue, what's the problem exactly? I mean...If OP wants to sparkle in the moonlight, bleed grape kool-aid and cry maple syrup tears - let her! ((Btw, I'm not trying to be rude towards you at all @Lindal Kidd)) Role play can be either or of the spectrum; it doesn't necessarily have to be THIS WAY OR ELSE - unless of course, OP joins a group of RPers where realism is required. Dhampire it up, OP! Just don't fall in love with a shirtless, angsty werewolf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Obviously, there are vampire myths/legends and folklore (MLAF) as well as fiction.  My personal take is that even the MLAF are inconsistent enough to allow for many altered or entirely new interpretations of what a vampire might be and then you have fiction which in my book (see what I did there? B|) says there are no limits to defining a vampire any way the author might wish.

All of the interpretations of a vampire that have been discussed in this topic, I have personally encountered in fiction.  Sadly, it is rare today to find new interpretations, just a different selection of traits and/or twists on the theme.

I think there is room for them all.  All these types of vampires have a common basis still.  The vampire gains it's sustenance from it's living victims.  They may not even kill to do this nor even be blood that it needs to feed upon (psychic vampires etc.) but there is no story I have encountered where a vampire doesn't at least start out needing to feed.

It all comes downs to what story you wish to weave.  Recorded historical beliefs portrayed the vampire as a fairly mindless creature whose insatiable thirst for sustenance is the only thing that drives it.  It cares not for appearance nor to stay hidden as a human within society.  Some beliefs even have the poor creatures gnawing at their hands and feet within their crypt and they commonly wear only their burial clothes.  There is very little character development available for these kinds of characters.

Most people pick a type of vampire to build a character around that is generally based on fiction they have encountered and there is a world of possibilities available for that.

Vampire kindred, let us not be defined by anything other than what lurks in the darkest recesses of our imaginations.

VariousWarrior.jpg

#biteme

Edited by Gabriele Graves
added important word
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Well, well, well...that's the first I've heard of "Dhampirs".  Unless you mean those flappers in air ducts that restrict airflow.

I suppose I must stand corrected.  But I still think that the classic Eastern European Undead Vampyre is the only true sort.  Just as I insist that Tom Baker is the One True Doctor.

That is the most wonderful thing of all.  We all get to define what these things mean for ourselves.  There is no right or wrong answer, it is too subjective and linked to the creative processes.

• Like 1

Well, there's Afterlife, but it's still in Beta & there isn't much to do as yet, if anything like Angels & Demons it'll be good though.

And before anyone moans about A&D, it's actually really well thought out & is a big part Roleplay with tasks for that, plus doesn't involve bite requests. I imagine AL will keep you busy in the end though, as there's always a ton of things to be doing in A&D

Neither involve anyone not playing, and everyone playing has the choice to be unable to be attacked at anytime

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Liana Wildmist said:

And before anyone moans about A&D, it's actually really well thought out & is a big part Roleplay with tasks for that, plus doesn't involve bite requests. I imagine AL will keep you busy in the end though, as there's always a ton of things to be doing in A&D

Neither involve anyone not playing, and everyone playing has the choice to be unable to be attacked at anytime

By turning us into game assets? Sorry if you really would want us not involved write a game that will not use our freaking avatar names in a database, ... gnah, SPAMpires and all their derivates... 9_9

• Like 2

No!  No sparkling!!

Anyway, I am steering clear of all vampires.  Except Gabriele, she's hot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Anyway, I am steering clear of all vampires.

Pouts.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Orwar, you're hot too.  I hadn't realized you were a vampire though!

Some say that our greatest strength is that no one know of or believes in us. Personally I quite prefer the whole getting to stay up all night bit.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:07 AM, Fionalein said:

By turning us into game assets? Sorry if you really would want us not involved write a game that will not use our freaking avatar names in a database, ... gnah, SPAMpires and all their derivates... 9_9

Wasn't aware it did use your name unless you signed up an account, pretty sure they didn't have my info before I joined (could be wrong, no idea about all of that) but not sure how they'd get names in the first place (even if they do, it's a name we all in SL see not anything private). Personally I couldn't care less if my SL name is anywhere, i'm sure every sim I go to can log names, so can visitor counters, stores etc not really anything unusual (unless i'm misunderstanding, not any expert!)

And at least it's a well thought out game, where people can't be harassed & the majority of it is working on achievements or skilling not attacking, attacks which are on those who sign up to do the very same thing to the other side, and can easily change their status so they can't be attacked/attack others eg if working or shopping