Texture Changer with Two Buttons

KiondraeLoc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1909 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, steph Arnott said:

I removed it. I stopped because we are writting the scrip for them and that is not what this forum is for.

9 hours ago, KiondraeLoc said:

I want to replace llOwnerSay("beep"); with a touch function that will let me change the texture right or left based on commands along side the buttons. I just don't know the right command to look up to use here. 

You already have this information in the script that I wrote in my previous post. Its basically the same thing only instead of

if(llDetected.....

its

if(message.....

Whilst we are here to help you with issues I get stephs frustration (for once) as you have been given all of the information you need and there is also the wiki which can give you the basic examples of how to send and pick up messages (as well as a butt ton of other info). Part of learning to script is sitting and figuring things out for yourself. We can guide you sure but you can't expect us to completely write out the script for you. I'v already done that once with the button click example and you already have a basic example of how the listen event works, as well as everything you need to switch textures back and forth in the script I wrote.  If you only tried going to the wiki page and looking up the listen event and listen functions you would find all of the information you need to complete your task. My honest advice to you, and there will probably be those who criticise me for saying this, is....if you are unwilling to sit and try and figure things out and teach yourself to work through issues and at least TRY to accomplish the task yourself...then stop coding as coding isn't for you and pay someone to do it for you. 

Edited by chibiusa Ling
  • Like 2

The preload face does not need to be large or even "visible".  It only has to be within your draw distance.  When I make a display screen for a slide show, I typically use the sides and back of a cube prim as the preload faces and keep them hidden inside a frame, showing only the texture that is on the front face.  I have also preloaded textures on very small child prims and on prims that I have set to have alpha = 0.0.  Any of those work.  Your graphics card renders any textures within your draw distance, even if they are not within your in-world line of sight and even if they are set to 100% transparency.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1909 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.