Hello, I am Marcthur, a dutch guy living in France and I am looking for a partner (as in relationship and love).

It is my wish to live an Off Grid lifestyle together,  with Second Life as source to pay the bills.

I am doing business in SL for 11 years now and can gain a basic simple lifestyle with it, alone.

It is the lifestyle I live already, isolated in a forest in a traditional house in the middle of nowhere.

An honest hard working life with real connection to nature. Also a very satisfying life with a lot of freedom and time.

If you can tell me that you are making a "living" out of SL too, that you are not afraid to be alone with "Adam" in the forest and that you have a healthy physical condition and the ambition to go "Off Grid", than please let us talk.

I am looking for a woman, my age is 51.

And last but not least:  You speak DUTCH ! (if not please do not reply at all)

With love,

Marcthur

Edited by Marcthur Goosson
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Marcthur Goosson said:

I am looking for a partner

Hi Marcthur :)  You and your former partner had a great business going. I hope she's okay and that you only split up and went on different paths.

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

How can you be "off the grid" and "make a living at SL"?

There are those AFK places ... ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I too get all of those 'lonely Dutch pool boys in your area. just click here' adverts...

But I never realized that if I clicked the link it would take me to these forums...

😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

How can you be "off the grid" and "make a living at SL"?

abacus.JPG.e446e58d30c1aa5505f82fed44f24963.JPG

Solar powered computer. Trip into town now and then to upload while having coffee at Starbucks :D.  

I lived in a town where a good portion of those out on the mesa had water hauled in (or used rainwater) and only had solar or wind power -- and maybe propane. So while tricky, it CAN be done.

Might be easier in rural France -- who knows?

• Like 2

I can imagine its already kinda hard to find a dutch person who wants to live in france, but adding the off grid lifestyle and being able to make a living out of SL business sounds like building a handcrafted watch with 20 complications. But as the watchmakers show us, its possible. So, good luck.

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
typo

On 1/16/2019 at 11:50 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Solar powered computer. Trip into town now and then to upload while having coffee at Starbucks :D.  

I lived in a town where a good portion of those out on the mesa had water hauled in (or used rainwater) and only had solar or wind power -- and maybe propane. So while tricky, it CAN be done.

Might be easier in rural France -- who knows?

Shouldn't it be called off-off-grid then? :)

On 1/17/2019 at 9:38 AM, Resi Pfeffer said:

I can imagine its already kinda hard to find a dutch person who wants to live in france,

He's looking for someone who wants to live cut off from civilisation in a forest. If he finds someone who wants that, I can't see the fact that the forest is in France as being a obstacle. Aside from which, they don't have to be Dutch, just speak Dutch; which adds a few million more options. If he's willing to accept Afrikaans speakers without laughing at his future wife's silly accent and quaint vocabulary then there are even more options!

I still think the sticking point is finding someone on a technology platform whose up for leaving civilisation.

Edited by Fontula
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fontula said:

I still think the sticking point is finding someone on a technology platform whose up for leaving civilisation.

I just love this line. Utterly sublime.

On 1/17/2019 at 4:50 AM, Chic Aeon said:

No no no, hamster on a wheel charging up a dynamo that charges up a battery which finally powers the computer. Only, the computer is made purely out of organic materials. Wooden case which he obviously carved himself, crystal storage drives mined fresh from the earth and finally a bio organic neural network to help the computer function with its own custom OS "Recluse OS" which he constructed after countless hours of "experimenting" on the local rodent life. For the screen they generate a hologram using the power of Mother Nature and the reflection of the sun on a surface of water. The less said about the keyboard and mouse the better (see above comments regarding rodent life experimentation)

Jeeze I thought EVERYONE knew how this all worked..

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by chibiusa Ling
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Fontula said:

I'd do it in a heartbeat.If I had gotten the inheritance that should have been mine and not my neglectful brother who was too busy partying to take care of the land properly.

21 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I've heard about an opportunity that might be right up your alley. How's your Dutch?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fontula said:

I've heard about an opportunity that might be right up your alley. How's your Dutch?

Why do you think I didn't post in this thread before yesterday? I don't speak Dutch. Which is precisely what I told the OP when he messaged me asking why I reacted with the sad face.

Ball is in your court. kittyball.gif.3ad8f627a7987a7712443d7dda232494.gif

On 1/17/2019 at 9:38 AM, Resi Pfeffer said:

I can imagine its already kinda hard to find a dutch person who wants to live in france

I know plenty of Dutch who would love to live in France... *raises hand*

Ever seen the weather over here?