Tongue problem!

conilmionome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1924 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all!

I have a problem with my face.

Ofen my avatar pulls out his tongue and makes quiete horrible expressions. I bought facial animations for Bento hoping to solve but it didn't happen. Even by setting a specific expression from the HUD the problem continues.ย 

ย 

Can someone help me?๐Ÿ˜†

ย 
Edited by conilmionome

As Ethan says, add the Animations HUD in the Catwa folder. If its minimized, click the icon to expand it, and look for a square - like the stop button on a bluray player. Click it. That will stop all of the "face AO" animations that are automatically enabled.

I recommend clicking one or two of them, though, to re-enable them. Having some minor facial movement helps you look less like a robot; but having all of them enabled makes you look spastic!ย 

1 hour ago, conilmionome said:

Ofen my avatar pulls out his tongue and makes quiete horrible expressions. I bought facial animations for Bento hoping to solve but it didn't happen. Even by setting a specific expression from the HUD the problem continues.

Wear the animation HUD from your Daniel folder (the icon looks like an old movie camera). Click it to open it, then click the arrowed icon below:

catwaguide07a.jpg

That will stop all of the Full Face AO animations. You can then click each of the icons above it, in turn, to find out which ones you do want enabled. The four that I have outlined with black circles (the bottom row, above the arrow) are all much more subtle facial expressions - a slight lift of the eyebrow or a faint smirk - all of which are far more natural for everyday use.

Incidentally, the 'broken neck' icon (to the left of the STOP button there) will allow your head to move more naturally when it animates, rather than your neck remaining stiff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, conilmionome said:

Hi all!

I have a problem with my face.

Ofen my avatar pulls out his tongue and makes quiete horrible expressions. I bought facial animations for Bento hoping to solve but it didn't happen. Even by setting a specific expression from the HUD the problem continues.ย 

ย 

Can someone help me?๐Ÿ˜†

ย 

It's quite possible that it's an animation from your AO. I had one from waaaaaay back when that got moved a few times into my regular AO and so I'd do the huge open mouth smile. So it might be a stand in your regular AO that includes a facial animation.

Catwa heads remember their animations, the HUD is used to set them up.

I have numerous copies of my catwa heads for various different skins, with different sets of makeup, hairbasesย etc.. Each will retain it's own set of animations which were last in play prior to re-attaching the HUD and changing them.

Also, if you're a Firestorm user, you can go to the menu >> Avatar > Avatar Health > Stop Avatar animations.

Nothing worse than having left SL in a hurry. Then resuming later looking like you're still in the dentist's chair.

12 hours ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

I have numerous copies of my catwa heads for various different skins, with different sets of makeup, hairbasesย etc.. Each will retain it's own set of animations which were last in play prior to re-attaching the HUD and changing them.

ย  ย Huh, I think I may have to steal that idea (I -have- considered it, but never could be bothered to do it). Many appliers I have apply to more than one layer, so setting up some of my looks requires me to run back and forth to put stuff on the upper or lower layers and blend everything to the same opacity and whatnot - would be much quicker to just swap heads if I'm going for one of my signature looks.ย 

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

Many appliers I have apply to more than one layer, so setting up some of my looks requires me to run back and forth to put stuff on the upper or lower layers and blend everything to the same opacity and whatnot - would be much quicker to just swap heads if I'm going for one of my signature looks.ย 

Or you could just go to the Catwa store and pick up this free group gift that saves and re-applies all appliers complete with tint, blend, and layering info in one click ;)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Or you could just go to the Catwa store and pick up this free group gift that saves and re-applies all appliers complete with tint, blend, and layering info in one click ;)

ย  ย ... Or, I do that. Thanks!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1924 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.