SOME WORN MESH CLOTHING ARE INVISIBLE TO OTHERS

Raihannah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1924 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone \o

For a little background, I am on the 32 bit o*****m animesh beta version of firestorm (6.0.1.56538). I updated over a week ago.

Starting this morning my partner could not see a top I was wearing. I have a Maitreya body and the shirt was mesh. Some of the Maitreya alpha layer were used but not all. I assumed it was his graphics, ignored and changed my shirt "just in case". Later another family member said the same thing. I tried various shirts on and nearly half were invisible to them, while I was able to see the items I was wearing.

I tried asking the firestorm group and was pretty much told 2 things: 1) it was their problem not mine even though its multiple people and all of a sudden 2) that it was the designers issue and something to do with the servers, with no further explanation. The clothing items previously worked fine. Anyway, long story short all of the link suggestions they gave did not change the problem.

I have relogged many times, I have cleared my cache (all 3), I have pulled the plug on my router and reset it, I have used the debug option in the advanced menu and turned FSEnforceStrictObjectCheck from true to false, I have changed the attached point (I saw some blogs about attaching mesh clothing to hud points made them invisible), I have played with the shadders and skinning options. I played with the LOD options, nothing changes the situation.

I cant trust going out of my home now because I really have no idea if I appear dressed to others. I'm concerned I am going to get banned from places for nudity. Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you so much

Edited by Raihannah

6 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Raihannah said:
Hello everyone \o

For a little background, I am on the 32 bit o*****m animesh beta version of firestorm (6.0.1.56538). I updated over a week ago.

Starting this morning my partner could not see a top I was wearing. I have a Maitreya body and the shirt was mesh. Some of the Maitreya alpha layer were used but not all. I assumed it was his graphics, ignored and changed my shirt "just in case". Later another family member said the same thing. I tried various shirts on and nearly half were invisible to them, while I was able to see the items I was wearing.

I tried asking the firestorm group and was pretty much told 2 things: 1) it was their problem not mine even though its multiple people and all of a sudden 2) that it was the designers issue and something to do with the servers, with no further explanation. The clothing items previously worked fine. Anyway, long story short all of the link suggestions they gave did not change the problem.

I have relogged many times, I have cleared my cache (all 3), I have pulled the plug on my router and reset it, I have used the debug option in the advanced menu and turned FSEnforceStrictObjectCheck from true to false, I have changed the attached point (I saw some blogs about attaching mesh clothing to hud points made them invisible), I have played with the shadders and skinning options. I played with the LOD options, nothing changes the situation.

I cant trust going out of my home now because I really have no idea if I appear dressed to others. I'm concerned I am going to get banned from places for nudity. Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you so much

Could be a LOD issue. When I multitask I often go camp at some crowded place and I cam around a bit to ogle people. And a lot of times I see clothes disappear (usually dresses and tops) - but if I cam close, they reappear. This is an obvious LOD issue. I set my LOD settings to 2 (of 4 or otherwise at the half-way point) - and so I see a lot of mesh stuff "collapsing" than those who always turn that LOD factor to maximum.

I dunno if this is the issue with the clothes you have - it's worth an experiment - have those that see the clothes go invisible try camming closer to see if it reappears. If it does - then that's the issue.

Though the real issue is you may be buying crappy mesh-work from so-so creators. Is why for me: no demo=no sale, no matter how cute it is. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Could be a LOD issue. When I multitask I often go camp at some crowded place and I cam around a bit to ogle people. And a lot of times I see clothes disappear (usually dresses and tops) - but if I cam close, they reappear. This is an obvious LOD issue. I set my LOD settings to 2 (of 4 or otherwise at the half-way point) - and so I see a lot of mesh stuff "collapsing" than those who always turn that LOD factor to maximum.

I dunno if this is the issue with the clothes you have - it's worth an experiment - have those that see the clothes go invisible try camming closer to see if it reappears. If it does - then that's the issue.

Though the real issue is you may be buying crappy mesh-work from so-so creators. Is why for me: no demo=no sale, no matter how cute it is. :)

We already messed with the LOD settings on everyone that cannot see it, it wasn't the either of the LOD settings and it doesn't matter if they are camed in or normal, they do not appear. 

2 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Are the broken clothes from the same creator as well?

No its a handful of different creators including well known, well made clothing creators. Also, I have worn these items several times in the past with no issue.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raihannah said:

We already messed with the LOD settings on everyone that cannot see it, it wasn't the either of the LOD settings and it doesn't matter if they are camed in or normal, they do not appear. 

brought upWow. That brings the question that @Wulfie Reanimator brought up: is it the same creator? I know lots about 3D mesh and modeling and things, but only enough about how it pertains to SL to be dangerous. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1924 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.