More Prims for linden homes

DreamGG

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am a  premium member and I have a linden home which i do love... My Questions... is there any way that we can get more prims?  I think the prim that we get sucks, I personally think we should get more then what we are getting.  I love to decorate and i love my place but its not enough prims for me.  Please let me know, if there is a way we can get more prims for our  linden homes.  especially if we have the  premium membership

6 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, DreamGG said:

I think the prim that we get sucks,

Imagine what it was like before last years raise.  We used to get 117 prims   (someone correct me if that isn't the exact number)

The new linden homes will be coming some time this year  (soon“™”)  with a 1024 parcel and so likely double the amount you get now.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DreamGG said:

I am a  premium member and I have a linden home which i do love... My Questions... is there any way that we can get more prims?  I think the prim that we get sucks, I personally think we should get more then what we are getting.  I love to decorate and i love my place but its not enough prims for me.  Please let me know, if there is a way we can get more prims for our  linden homes.  especially if we have the  premium membership

what you encounter is more or less a wanted issue : Linden Homes are intented to be temporal homes to get the hang about owning a place and decorate, but after that go further and move to a mainland parcel (or estate) and lift the prim limit with having more land than your included tier level = more prims (= more income for LL )
Note that you already have a bonus in your Linden Home parcel : your house doesn't count againt the LI (prims) at any other parcel your home will also use the available LI at the land.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Imagine what it was like before last years raise.  We used to get 117 prims   (someone correct me if that isn't the exact number)

The new linden homes will be coming some time this year  (soon“™”)  with a 1024 parcel and so likely double the amount you get now.  

Since work has stopped on the new Linden Homes I think that "soon" bit is no longer valid.  Sadly as I know a lot of folks who were looking forward to the unveiling.  And we "suspect" that there will be in increase in premium membership (the new levels to be introduced) to get one of those new and bigger homes. So not much different than moving up to a larger plot somewhere now.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Dream!

Your Linden Home is on a 512 square meter parcel of land.  The capacity of any land to support objects depends on its size.  A 512 m2 parcel can support 175 prims (or their equivalent in land impact).  That can't be changed.

If you need more prims, the solution is to get a larger parcel of land.

Linden Lab is planning on introducing new Linden Homes on 1,024 square meter parcels sometime this year.  These will support up to 351 prims.  However, this hasn't happened yet, and we don't know when it will, or whether LL will charge us more for them (in the form of an increased cost for a Premium membership).

But you have an option now.  You can abandon your Linden Home and buy a 1,024 sq m. Mainland parcel.  You do have to pay a one-time purchase price (which varies; different sellers ask different prices!)  But you won't have to pay monthly tier on the land.

EDIT:  Chic...they stopped work?  Oh dear.  Well, maybe my prediction was too optimistic.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

8 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

EDIT:  Chic...they stopped work?  Oh dear.  Well, maybe my prediction was too optimistic.

From monitoring the SSP sims, it doesn't look like any work has really happened since roughly late Nov or so.

16 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

(soon“™”)

8 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I think that "soon" bit is no longer valid. 

Related image

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

From monitoring the SSP sims, it doesn't look like any work has really happened since roughly late Nov or so.

Yep.  At a Town Hall in Fall it was mentioned that they had been pushed back to "Spring" (my interpretation) but that was when things were still being worked on. Sad really as they looked great from the hints we saw. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.