Insillico

WinTrain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's a shame a lot of people rather club, and have sex all day. I remember Insillico from my earliest days of being on SL, and as far as I can remember, Insillico has never really been popular, never really been active or have had many people on the sim itself RPing.

Why? Does anyone else know of Insillico? It's this Cybernetic-post apocalypse looking world/sim and I used to find it breath taking. Keep in mind this is even before the mesh era, and it looked this cool.

There's a few more sims that could have been great, but man I wished Insillico had big success.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WinTrain said:

I wished Insillico had big success.

It was a thing back in 2006 or 2007... not so much since then. The thing people forget is: moods and interests change, and community-management is a lot of work. The Pioneer Western sims (Arizona, New Mexico, etc.) were a BIG thing for a while. LL even highlighted. But now? Literal desert.

The same with all other genres: SteamPunk - was big, not non-existent, Vampire/Lycan/Whatever-beast? Barely alive. The fantasy type RP sims are still kicking along (Chronicle and Legacy (COL and COV) are still chugging along, BUT: Too cliquish: new visitors are ignored and don't feel very welcomed, established players camp out in their little lairs and never come out to play - so may as well be dead just the same.

• 2 months later...
On 1/15/2019 at 11:49 PM, WinTrain said:

It's a shame a lot of people rather club, and have sex all day. I remember Insillico from my earliest days of being on SL, and as far as I can remember, Insillico has never really been popular, never really been active or have had many people on the sim itself RPing.

Why? Does anyone else know of Insillico? It's this Cybernetic-post apocalypse looking world/sim and I used to find it breath taking. Keep in mind this is even before the mesh era, and it looked this cool.

There's a few more sims that could have been great, but man I wished Insillico had big success.

Well I'm only 1 year in SL, I had a friend who love exploring :) and he took me there once last eyar. We did a car race. I love the side where you can rezz a car for free and take a tour yourself, it's really fun but yes. Then I forgot it <-< due to other events in SL. Lately most people is into shopping and events and I agree about there is much to do. Recently another friend was taking me around different roleplaying sims ( fantasy, and others) as we were talking to people and their were sharing their favorite activities it was really interesting. I don't usually roleplay but, I went again to Insilico because I saw it on the Destination feature page  and I love everything there, maybe before didn't pay attention to the details like now so I decided to make a short movie :) to promote the Sim as well. Let me share the link with you, probably you migh like it ^^ what I like the most it has a futuristic look but also some natural parts :3 

• 2 months later...

I LOVE the look of Insilico. It's just a shame that, like most things in SL, the more detailed it is, the more it appears to be ignored en masse. I admit that's a gross over-generalized statement but from what I have seen over the years, and for some reason I cannot get my head around, people seem to flock to the ugliest, generic, most dated builds - and then keep branching off to repeat the same patterns. Yes interest in genres wane, and popular culture (or the latest big thing to take over our collective screens) always dictates for the majority, it's just terribly disheartening to see. That, and the fact for many established sims such as this that you need to read 15 pages of lore to even qualify applying for residency etc... 

But yes, I adore the look, the atmosphere, and the potential. Just a shame it appears to be on the decline :( 

• Like 3

They used to have regular events there back in the day, and I really enjoyed them. The place has been dead for a really long time now, and almost completely died a year or two ago, until someone stepped up and committed to pay the tier or whatever. I miss it a lot, but then most of what I loved in SL is long gone, too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.