checking av setting prior to skins

FinnSereen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Had trouble getting skins to wrk properly today, even with someone helping me. Have signature geralt body with catwa daniel head. With catwa head, wearing "catwa bento male shape" (little 2 person icon). Bought a stray dog skin Urie for the head, but now when add it back on in home, stray dog icon is to the side, and checked that it isn't demo version. Can't get icon to leave without detaching skin.

So, thinking about just sticking with basics and go for some kind of neck fix. Any thoughts on detailed turorials on how to at least add skin properly. I mean step by step from buying it and so on. I'm not sophisticated, but after few hours on this, thought I'd be further along.

In the meantime, is there an easy neck fix I can use to just get by for now? I'm not even this involved in maintaining my own RL appearance, let alone SL's, lol.

CSR for Catwa here :) I just want to check a couple of things first:

• Where is this Stray Dog icon? Is it an object hovering to the side of your body, or is it a 'sticker'-like texture on your skin?

If it's the former (hovering to one side of your avatar) then you've managed to add the HUD to your body as an attachment rather than as a HUD. If you right-click the applier in your inventory and choose 'detach' does it then disappear?

If it's the latter (a sticker on your skin), then some further clarification is needed:

1. Does the Stray Dog 'demo' icon only appear on your head AFTER you apply the full-priced 'Uriel' applier?
  2. Or did it appear when you tried the demo and you now can't get it off?

If it's No.1 then wear your Catwa Master HUD M (from the Daniel folder). Go to the 2nd tab, and look for the red 'RESET' word on the right of the HUD, as shown here:

catwaguide09.jpg

Click 'ALL' and your Daniel head should reset to out-of-the-box default, and hopefully you shouldn't be seeing that demo logo anymore. Now right-click the Stray Dog Uriel applier and select 'Add' to wear it. Click to apply the skin. If it applies just fine, then you're golden! If not, and you see the demo logo appear again, the creator may have put the wrong texture into the applier, and you need to contact him or his CSR/Store Manager to ask for help.

However, if your answer to my earlier question is No.2 (the logo appeared after you tried the demo and it's stayed there when you apply the full-priced applier) the fix for that is simple:

• Go back to the Catwa Master HUD M, and this time into the 4th tab (Blush-Lipstick). Under the 'Blush' section, check the UPPER box, then the small CLEAR button on that right of that section. Then check the LOWER box and click CLEAR again.

If that removes the logo, then the reason is that the creator added the demo logo as a blush applier (they don't normally do this, as it leads to people coming to us in the Catwa support group, upset that - after trying one demo skin - all of their old skins are now demo skins!). Clearing the blush areas will remove the logo in that case.

Hopefully that fixes the issue, but if not then you can either send me an IM if I'm online (check my inworld profile) or join the Catwa Head Friends group and ask for further help there.

Lastly, I do have a blog post detailing the basics of working with a Catwa Bento head, aimed specifically at male avatars. It's rather long, but grab a beer and settle down for a read. Hopefully it'll help answer some questions :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Skell. It was the first one. And after all reset from catwa head master, still did same thing. So, guess I'll need to contact Stray dog or just find something else that is easier to use instead.

I've bookmarked your long basics blog post to read later on and try something else. Not sure how usual it is for someone to be so challenge by the skins thing, but I guess I am.

• Like 1

If I may, Skell?

Don't feel bad about having trouble with Skins, Finn. :) Everyone has to learn and since you're coming into SL during the Bento era it can be extremely confusing. Heck, a dear friend of mine needed help with Mesh bodies, clothes, and the like - and he's been in SL for about as long as I have! With some people, it just clicks automatically and with others, it takes time to figure out; but don't let it discourage you. We're here to help and if anyone gives you sh* for asking then they're the type to avoid anyway.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Laoise Rumsford said:

If I may, Skell?

Oh lord, of course you can! It's not 'my' thread! ;)

@FinnSereen - I have to leave for work in about 5 minutes, but I had a quick thought about your issue this morning. Stray Dog's head appliers each contain two huds: one for a skin with brows and one for a skin without. Have you tried them both? Does the issue occur on both?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.