Second Life Wiki - editing pages

Ginger Shostakovich

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

As I was browsing the Second Life Wiki, I noticed that many pages (especially about Mainland, but I am sure there are others) have not been updated in the last 3-4 years, and by now there are broken links everywhere and some of the information is somewhat outdated. The Wiki is not abandoned, as there is new(ish) content on things like Animesh. I am able to log into the Wiki, but I cannot edit anything (even though it says on the help page that I should be able to - another outdated bit of information perhaps?). 

What can I do to be able to edit the Second Life Wiki short of submitting a support ticket? 

3 answers to this question

The wiki has been closed to general editing for a couple of years, thanks to some malicious editing that was done by a few people. You can submit a support ticket, and in your support ticket you can request permission to edit the wiki.  Linden Lab has given some people limited permission to edit parts of the wiki that are not reserved for Lindens only -- for example, portions related to LSL and to creating.  You will not get permission to edit the Knowledge Base.  If you find things that need to be updated in "Lindens only" sections, note them specifically in your support case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you - that makes perfect sense (sad, though). 

I will submit the support ticket. I don't want to touch the Knowledge Base, or articles reserved for Lindens, but there are some older articles in the Wiki that appear to be in need of some tlc. We'll see what happens, and in the meantime, I'll read on and make notes. :) 

• Like 2

I helps to know a Linden... and be known by Lindens. However, Rolig suggests the fastest easiest way. With any luck they will take a chance and give you edit permission.

I suggest you include information about which page you wish to update and what the update will be.

If the above doesn't work come back. There are other ways to go to get permission.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.