You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can manipulate the PRIM_GLOW value easily enough using llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast with the link number of what happens to be the bulb or light-emitting surface to simulate flickering, and most of the other items accessed on the features tab can also be set in this way. Play around on the features tab with different values until you know what you want to do with the values, then have a look at the function I described in the LSL Portal page of the wiki.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

You can manipulate the PRIM_GLOW value easily enough using llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast with the link number of what happens to be the bulb or light-emitting surface to simulate flickering, and most of the other items accessed on the features tab can also be set in this way. Play around on the features tab with different values until you know what you want to do with the values, then have a look at the function I described in the LSL Portal page of the wiki.

So can I animate the texture of light or not? and where is the right wiki page? i dont want it to blink, i need to animate texture. like a cinema projector for example.

Edited by ainst Composer

Interestingly, there is no way to specify the texture, FOV, Focus or Ambience other than by using the edit floater. Nothing on the right hand side of the point light section appears in the list of prim params that can be set by script.

GIF's aren't going to help here because SL doesn't support them. Animated Gifs have to be converted outside of SL into a single image comprising sections that a script then animates. I think you might have to raise a Jira on this and ask Linden if there are plans to make these elements of the features tab available to scripting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.