Suggestion for Marketplace feature

Sassy Romano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a suggestion, under the Merchant name in the Marketplace advert, show "last logged in <date>".

That way when we buy something, we have an idea if there's going to be an active merchant behind the product, ready to offer support (or ban or mute us for daring to bother them, yes some are like that).

Automatically migrating everything from xstreet wasn't such a great idea.

Claireschen Hesten wrote:

if it's a last logged in date it should be a last logged in world date because if people are like me they may log in to the SL website/forum/marketplace every day but may go days where they can't get inworld

Show both, last logged in to MP, last logged in inworld

Primarly, I want to know when someone has logged in, in a manner in which they are able to respond to issues.  Logging in to MP daily isn't going to help when they say NOTECARD ME ONLY, knowing that they lose IM's because they don't forward to email.

I really like this idea.

Now how best to handle soemeone who is active in SL but can be on travel?  I can go to sea for up to a month at a time. But when I do I always designate at least 2 people in my profile who can handle any issues or questions that might pop up. This has worked really well for the last year. Just add info like that to my listing description?

Or a link to the merchants profile would do nicely :)

Another suggestion I would have?

Show the listing date...

How many times have we seen items with a promo, or limited time, price... with the words "The price is going up very soon, so get it now at this special price this week only!" or something else to that effect...

...on an item that was listed years ago... (clues in the description revealed that)

or the words "brand new" in the product name...

hey, put whatever ya want into the description, within reason, but leave the name to just be the name... and give us the listing date, please... (could also be handy to search for items "earlier than" or "since")

-- Smoov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.