Mesh clothing/Avastar help!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I'm looking for help. I have decent (I think) mesh and texturing skills, or at least they've getting there, and I want to learn clothing and rigging and stuff. I have Avastar, and a few other tools, but what gets me is I haven't found a good set of tutorials, and I don't know anybody who really knows how to do it. So I keep getting stuck, and it's way more complex than just normal mesh so it's harder to just look up what I need.

So... does anybody have suggestions about a good set of tutorials that can at least walk me through the general process. I tried reading the stuff at machinimatrix about avastar, and it's interesting but there's so much to digest and not a lot of context to fit it into. I found a couple tutorials where someone walks through using marvelous designer and avastar, but it's old, she's using Avastar 1.0 and doesn't provide a lot of detail.  So a few really good Avastar 2 tutorials would help me understand the workflow, even if they just walk me through one path. I know there are many ways to do it.

So having someone to talk to would also be great, although I know that's a lot to ask. Is there someone who needs an apprentice? :)

Thanks for any and all advice, I'm desperate and will be so very grateful... I'm sure this has been asked a gazillion times, so even just pointers to the other times it's been asked would help.

Ally

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.