Sandra8675

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Sandra8675 said:

My avatar feet continue floating on top of her shoes.  Can anyone advise on how to fix this?

If you are wearing mesh feet you will need the corresponding shoe size for the body/feet. So if wearing a Maitreya body/feet you will need to use Maitreya size shoes. This holds true for all the mesh feet as far as I know. It is a rare occurrence these days but it's possible that the shoes may not be rigged to the foot, in which case, you should be able to edit the shoes and move them into place. Remember though, it's uncommon to find shoes these days that aren't rigged.

If you're using a classic body and classic feet then be sure you're wearing the footshaper and alpha that came with the shoes.

5 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

My avatar feet continue floating on top of her shoes.  Can anyone advise on how to fix this?

There are two types of footwear in SL:

1. Footwear intended to be worn with a system body
  2. Footwear intended to be worn with a purchased mesh body

In the case of No.1 your footwear will need to contain a shoebase item and an alpha item. The first will set your feet to the correct height for the footwear, and the second will hide part/all of your system body's feet so they don't stick out from the footwear. You'll need to wear both of those items for the footwear to work as intended.

In the case of No.2 your footwear will be fitted to a specific mesh body, such as Maitreya or Belleza. In order to wear the items correctly you will need to set your mesh body's feet to the proper height (high heels, kitten heels, flats, etc) OR make them invisible, depending on what style of footwear you're trying to wear. Both of those are achieved through the mesh body's HUD.

If you haven't purchased a mesh body, but your shoes/boots state that they're "Maitreya" (or any other mesh body) then they won't work with your system body.

15 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

If you are wearing mesh feet you will need the corresponding shoe size for the body/feet. So if wearing a Maitreya body/feet you will need to use Maitreya size shoes. This holds true for all the mesh feet as far as I know. It is a rare occurrence these days but it's possible that the shoes may not be rigged to the foot, in which case, you should be able to edit the shoes and move them into place. Remember though, it's uncommon to find shoes these days that aren't rigged.

If you're using a classic body and classic feet then be sure you're wearing the footshaper and alpha that came with the shoes.

I am using a classic mesh body 'Jenny."  So you need a foot shaper along with the alpha shoe?  Maybe thats where I went wrong.  I was not using both.  I will try it.

2 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

I am using a classic mesh body 'Jenny."  So you need a foot shaper along with the alpha shoe?  Maybe thats where I went wrong.

That is exactly right. shoes for system feet are dwindling I see almost no new stuff for system feet, you can go down the route of buying Slink/Similar feet or Maitreya feet if you plan on keeping the system body. If you want to get a cheap mesh body eBody and Alatmura work well with Slink shoes as well as having their own rigging and a body called Sahara is Maitreya compatible but it's not very user friendly 

3 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

I am using a classic mesh body 'Jenny."

None of the classic default bodies that SL offers is called Jenny. I suspect you're using the Altamura free Jenny Bento head and body gift. If that's the case, then only footwear made for the Altamura body will fit (although you might be able to get some footwear rigged for other mesh bodies to work, especially things like boots, if you use the body's HUD to hide sections of your feet and legs).

The term "classic avatar" is synonymous with "system avatar". In other words: it's the basic avatar that everyone has underneath any mesh body purchases, be they free gifts or hunt prizes or expensive full-priced purchases. If you are using the Altamura Jenny avatar, then you're not using a classic avatar; you're using a Bento mesh avatar.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I seem to remember someone saying that Slink shoes would work for the Altamura free bodies - so pick up some Slink freebies at The Free Dove or somewhere else. If you purchase any, make sure you Demo them first.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Grammar

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I seem to remember someone saying that Slink shoes would work for the Altamura free bodies - so pick up some Slink freebies at The Free Dove or somewhere else. If you purchase any, make sure you Demo them first.

they do but only up to the ankles... anything above the ankles is most likely not to fit, so be careful with boots

In her earlier posts, Sandra said clearly that she has a classic body, and she was explained the difference. Of course that can have changed.

I recommend you taking screenshots, maybe Printscreen work fastest for you. You can then upload them here.

Or else use snaphot in your viewer and save it to your computer. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Taking_snapshots

It is true that a picture say more than 1000 words. We could stop guessing if you have the classic body or if you have changed.

47 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

In her earlier posts, Sandra said clearly that she has a classic body, and she was explained the difference. Of course that can have changed.

I recommend you taking screenshots, maybe Printscreen work fastest for you. You can then upload them here.

Or else use snaphot in your viewer and save it to your computer. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Taking_snapshots

It is true that a picture say more than 1000 words. We could stop guessing if you have the classic body or if you have changed.

Gyazo, no mess on your pc with all files, and no upload cost

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

Gyazo, no mess on your pc with all files, and no upload cost

Yes, but I try to make it as simple as possible. It clear from previous posts that we can not be too basic, we should not add on complications with more things to learn.

Printscreen is perhaps the thing people are more likely to know. Make things so quick and simple as possible.

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

In her earlier posts, Sandra said clearly that she has a classic body,

18 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

I am using a classic mesh body 'Jenny." 

This is where the confusion lies. There's no classic mesh body Jenny. Until we can establish which body she is actually using, it's hard to help her. 

@Sandra8675 I highly recommend you take the time to download gyazo and learn how to use it. It will be an invaluable tool for everyday life in SL. It is free!  Being able to share photos of what you are verbally describing will greatly help us to help you. I suspect you are using a mesh body called Jenny. The problem here is using the term classic as that refers to the system body and not a mesh body. So again, sharing a picture would help clarify.

Just now, Candice LittleBoots said:

I don't use Altamura much (in use on one of my alts) but I've found Belleza shoes fit the feet well.

I wish feet had bento bones (or do they?) so that flat feet could rise up to tippy-toes, with a joint at the toes and heel. That could potentially be a nice thing.

The bones would be there, but almost no one uses them. Some animators even use them in their AOs, but problem is: most mesh feet are static. I also think the flexibility of the human ankle is beyond mesh's streching capabilities... it would just look awkward.. that is why we have the feet as we do now.

12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I do not have a mesh body.  I've tried to only choose body parts, etc that are from a classic body.  I do still have a classic body.  Yesterday an attachment got added on my avatar I could not get rid of.  So, I created an entire new avatar.  Still with classic body.  The shoes and feet were fine yesterday.  But, now...  no.  I have gone to the newbie destination so many times.  But, my shoes still are not fixed.  I will screenshot a picture of the feet.  I will send a couple examples of shoe issues and see if we can start from there.

One way to find out if Sandra is wearing a classic/system avatar or a mesh body avatar, and that's to ask: @Sandra8675 - do your avatar's feet look similar to those on the left (well-defined and separated toes, and smooth lines all around the feet) or those on the right ('paddle' toes and angled edges all around the feet) in the below picture?

1846745731_meshbodyfeetvsclassicfeet.png.518b4d02bfd845499c81df7805906760.png

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2019 at 2:23 AM, Skell Dagger said:

One way to find out if Sandra is wearing a classic/system avatar or a mesh body avatar, and that's to ask: @Sandra8675 - do your avatar's feet look similar to those on the left (well-defined and separated toes, and smooth lines all around the feet) or those on the right ('paddle' toes and angled edges all around the feet) in the below picture?

1846745731_meshbodyfeetvsclassicfeet.png.518b4d02bfd845499c81df7805906760.png

I am beyond a doubt wearing classic  feet.  And I actually wrote down the only feet that ever work for me.  The only feet that have ever worked for me are the SHAWNA SHOES/ SHAWNA ALPHA SHOES.  

These end up looking kind of like 'heels', they cover my classic avatar feet and they fit.

I spent hours the other day trying on nothing but shoes.  None of the shoes seem to work except the SHAWNA SHOES which are from a classic avatar.

On 1/15/2019 at 5:48 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

And in addition to a picture of the feet - and whole body, as someone else suggested, please screenshot the 'Worn' tab of your inventory window - with all folders expanded 

I will do this...  I'm having a little bit of a problem doing screenshots on sl.  I actually have a problem running any other program when I'm running sl regardless of how small the other program is.  But, I will attempt to do this because I'm very curious what is going on with the feet.

21 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

I will do this...  I'm having a little bit of a problem doing screenshots on sl.  I actually have a problem running any other program when I'm running sl regardless of how small the other program is.  But, I will attempt to do this because I'm very curious what is going on with the feet.

You don't need to run any other programm besides SL to make a screenshot. There is an option to do that in the viewer. Should have a little camera symbol. You then just have to save the file to your computer and attach it to a post here in the forum.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

The only feet that have ever worked for me are the SHAWNA SHOES/ SHAWNA ALPHA SHOES. 

If I recall correctly, Shawna is one of the default starter avatars, and she is what we call a classic (or sometimes a 'system' avatar). Until you make the switch to a mesh avatar, you'll need to look for shoes that are made for classic/system avatars. No doubt you've noticed by now that many clothing and footwear adverts have lots of different logos on them, like this:

354826458_meshbodylogos.PNG.1a87498d2c8a8826aa36a482005614bb.PNG

Those tell you which bodies that item of clothing or footwear will work with. Pay attention to the black and white one in the middle, with the two heads facing away from each other. It looks like this:

5979b9f038fdd_ClassicAvatarLogo.png.4540ca8ee6ab6ba3c16548148345c9d5.png

That logo tells you that the item of clothing or footwear will work on the avatar you currently have: a system/classic avatar. Until you buy a mesh body, look for that logo. Once you have a mesh body, you need to look for the other logos and find the one that's relevant to the mesh body you have.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.