TH33AQUEEN

it is here a tracking hud?

Hello..sorry i dont know if is the right place to ask this ...i have couple of years in sl...and i have a problem... i found out my sl boyfriend is cheated me on... when i ask him he say is not true...and also stop share location for me :(  so it is any chance to track him  in other  way? to see where it is. i try to go in the place where he stay usualy but no luck....

He stopped sharing location, so he's not your boyfriend anymore. You have no reason to care where he is or what he's doing now. If you're still trying to track him, lucky for him it's not possible.

Just for historical interest: Years ago, there was a bug that allowed some location information to "leak" through teleports, but only one hop at a time (so two teleports in rapid succession would defeat it). The mechanism also caused horrific lag. That whole exploit was patched ages ago but there might still be scammers trying to sell long-obsolete scripts based on it.

Also, if you had already planted a tracking attachment on him back when he was still willing to wear stuff you gave him, such attachments could have been reporting their location back to you every time he teleports (or whatever). I guess if he's stupid enough to wear something you send him now, he'd deserve what he gets.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TH33AQUEEN said:

Hello..sorry i dont know if is the right place to ask this ...i have couple of years in sl...and i have a problem... i found out my sl boyfriend is cheated me on... when i ask him he say is not true...and also stop share location for me :(  so it is any chance to track him  in other  way? to see where it is. i try to go in the place where he stay usualy but no luck....

Nope.  If he won't share location and you think he cheated you should probably move on and forget him.  Easy to say but not so easy to do.  Stalking or tracking won't help.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Nope.  If he won't share location and you think he cheated you should probably move on and forget him.  Easy to say but not so easy to do.  Stalking or tracking won't help.

well will try to move on and take a break for sl for a while ...

43 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

No. Don't be a creepy stalker.

i`m not.. just i was curios..

52 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Also, if you had already planted a tracking attachment on him back when he was still willing to wear stuff you gave him, such attachments could have been reporting their location back to you every time he teleports (or whatever). I guess if he's stupid enough to wear something you send him now, he'd deserve what he gets.

i dont know how to use that kind of items... and i dont have  something like that so...

• Like 1

Drop him from your friends list and move on with your SL - and even block him if he refuses to leave you alone.  If he removed the 'Share Location' feature simply because you asked him about cheating, then he is very likely not trustworthy anyway.  Try not to let yourself get bogged down in the drama of it all.  Consider him a learning experience and just get on with finding a better SLife.

ETA:  If you follow the above advice and then if he decides that he doesn't want to be totally our of your SLife, you'll be glad there is no tracking HUD for him to use.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Can you track him if he is online even if marking himself offline. Yes. there are various objects that can track a person if online without them knowing and cannot really be blocked by them. Or you could join any of his groups and look in the members list, which will always show if he is online or not regardless of what the settings for profile or friends list is.

Can you possibly find him via other methods? Yes. Stalking his groups or going to locations in whatever picks he might have on his profile and waiting for him to show up there. Being a creepy stalker.

Now is there a hud when worn that could have allowed you to track him, if he was wearing it too and didn't change certain settings in it? Yes. Sin Tracker. But again he would have had to be wearing the tracker or beacon and not setting it to hide his location. Probably others out there too, some of the combat/defense huds; but each would require him to have been using the item too or to have it been attached to him by you and that he only ever went to sims with rez rights or scripts enabled.

Is there other ways he could have been tracked? Yes, if he was wearing a scripted item that reported his teleports, like a collar with a spy script in it; but again he could remove or change it so it wouldn't anymore.

So can you track his location without him knowing you are doing so indirectly? No.

But really you have to ask yourself if it is worth the effort or energy to do so or should you just remove/block and move on; because obviously he doesn't care about the relationship on the same level of seriousness as you did and probably never really did. He just wanted you for a short fling and frills and now is done and wanting to move on but  is stringing you along to have someone to fall back on whenever he feels the need to. In other words he is playing games with your heart and feelings and you don't deserve to let this happen and should not continue to, he is not worth it. He is a collector, and possibly just collecting his frill toys and once the frill is over moved on to the next but keeps each so can always go back and use again when needed.

It hurts coming to this possible conclusion but, just like in RL people in SL can be jerks and you have to learn to seperate yourself from them and move on. Don't let them play the mind games with you and drag you along or exploit your emotions and feelings or wants or desires for a relationship. Stand up for your values and ethics and anyone that does not fit with them, block them/mute them/derender them and move on. You will eventually find someone worthy of your time that will treat you with the respect and dignity and care you deserve and want. Until then it will be a bumpy ride. Just don't let yourself get to bruised along the way.

Remember most people in SL are here to roleplay, to fantasize, to do what they cant in RL and get away with it, because there is no real consequences for their actions here.